~*Third Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatch-Athon*~ all poultry welcome!

Last edited:
I just set my eggs. took forever because I had to rearrange all the eggs in my bator. I took the auto turner out, marked all the eggs a certain color according to what eggs are due to hatch what day(I stagger hatches) mared an X and an O on each egg and then played egg tetris lol.

I set 24 BR turkey eggs and 24 chicken eggs(they are a week early I know).

I now have a total of 76 eggs in a bator meant for 42
hide.gif
I have never done that before. Im REALLY nervous about this.

these are the eggs I set for this hatch

and this is my incubator fully loaded
hide.gif

I have to brag on my local PO. They are wonderful. Really, it's just two ladies that do it all in the small rural PO. One, the postmistress, knows just about everyone by first name and is super efficient and helpful. The other does delivery. Come to think of it, there may be more than one person/route out of our PO, but I wouldn't know the other(s.) When I have eggs coming, I have the seller write my phone # on the box and "Please call for customer pick-up." I then call the PO and give them a heads up that the eggs are coming. When the box comes in, the postmistress will call me, but always offers to have the route lady bring it to the door, even if she has already started her route. They are just great!

Edited for subject/verb agreement

Last edited:
My straight jacket:

DayGlo Yellow (the kind road workers wear), Lavender stripes, baby blue polks dots, Hair in the classic 80's "BIG HAIR" style & dyed hot pink, jacket worn over black leather skin tight pants with 4 inch lime green heels coated in glitter, Purple lipstick, Olive green eyeshadow and Hunter Orange polish on the toenails peeking from the open toes of the shoes.

So um... I need help figuring out how to get all the eggs I have to fit in my incubator.
IMG_20140411_104522_zpsiur0esry.jpg

This is our hovabator, 56 turkey eggs, I could prob fit a few more but didn't want to be excessive, haha :)

Pffft! Amateurs! Make all of those eggs stand up and you could fit lots more in.

And THEN there is the possibility of stacking UPWARDS!

Remember, the more eggs in the incubator, the more stable the temps! :D

Back
Top Bottom