Treating Tapeworms - Under Construction

Attachments

• IMG_20180707_100349.jpg
    IMG_20180707_100349.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 20
Each line in that syringe = 0.1 ml, so maybe the best way would be to start by putting about 1 ml in there, then then very carefully give each chicken two lnes worth (0.2 ml). Does that make sense?

Give it orally,and by that I mean catch them, hold them, open beak, and give paste.

Do it at night, with a flashlight and if possible, a helper. Right off the roost; point and shoot, and back on the roost.
Mary
I was planning in the morning 1st thing, let the rooster go and stay in the coop with the girls, they are sweet and I can do it fine the problem is the mean roo. At night my rooster is a bitch and will not let anything get near.

ok, up date,
I give them the 2nd round of Equimaxx after 10 days and that was almost a month ago. I haven't see any worm of any type!!! it works!!!! They look so much better!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! and from now on. ANYONE with Round Worms in Chickens.... a drop of Equimax into their beaks. I used a syringe (3ml) and transferred from the big horse syringe (is how comes from the store) into mine 3ml syringe and give each chicken 2 of lines = 1/4 on a ml and repeated in 10 days, I am doing 30 days withdraw eggs but I don't think you need that long, 2 weeks should be fine (I think). I did it first thing in the morning before breakfast! they went to food and water right after so it helped to get the creamy paste like medicine inside. I had to let the rooster out so I can work with the girls one at the time, that was the only scary part, my rooster don't like me to mess with his wives... ;) but now they all are happy and look like worms FREE!! so far! Yeah

I think you meant to say "tapeworms" rather than "roundworms." There are much better products for treating roundworms and you dont want to give folks the wrong impression about Equimax treating roundworms. We dont Equimax losing its effectiveness against tapeworms due to its overuse in treating roundworms.

Here's something to keep in mind about chickens getting tapeworms. Chickens need to eat an infected insect in order to get tapeworms. I know it's practically impossible to control chickens from eating insects, but I just wanted you to be aware of that. Also, not all insects will be infected.

As for most types of roundworms, chickens pick up eggs from the soil, recycle the eggs onto soil, then get infected when they pick them up again.
I suggest that you take a look at the roundworms direct lifecycle and the tapeworms indirect lifecycle and you'll see why it's important to eliminate the worms' lifecycle and establish a worming program suited for your environment and particularly your soil conditions.:D

Last edited:
Sooo, after reading this thread multiple times, and realizing that Safeguard had NOT done the trick, I grabbed some Equimax at TSC last time I was there. I observed the girls for a few more days and decided that a few were definitely under the weather and there were obvious worm parts (and not round worms, which are easy to spot) in their poop. So, I do what was suggested, I load my tiny syringe with some Equimax and try to surprise them. It worked on a couple, but then they started and noticing, and chaos ensued of course. I'm pretty sure a couple girls got more than they were supposed to get, and I'm wondering just how bad that is??? I'm hoping it's not lethal or anything. They weren't fasting, they were eating watermelon because it was hot yesterday and today.
Thanks for any reassurance you can give.

Back
Top Bottom