Treating Yourself To Something Special

My Dh stayed home with the kids Sunday (which is a treat on its own) and I went to the mall too. I bought 3 new pairs of jeans (all the same, I hate jean shopping) new finger nail polish which my chickens really love (they tried to peck it off when I was attaching the apron to their run), and I went to Bath and Body works also. I love the new Dark Kiss scent and it comes in body butter which is awesome in the dry winter.

Quote:
Yeah, there's something about Bath & Body Works that feels like a real treat. Maybe because I so rarely go, but I love to go in, smell things, pick a few special things and leave all happy with my little paper bag. Then they give me coupons, which I laugh at because I KNOW I won't get back again before it expires. But I rarely go, so it's a big deal when I do. I got a Spearmint oil that I plan to use on my feet or in a bath, a body spray in Orange Ginger (my favorite scent of theirs) and then a couple of those wall plug in air fresheners in "Winter" and "Sea Cotton".
big_smile.png

lol.png
My brother was a Friday the 13th (May) and turned 13 on one to boot... he loves 13.

I'm December 13th... had a couple Friday ones. Always bugged mom, but I didn't ever notice anything particularly good OR bad happening so *shrug*

I'm pretty sure MIL is getting me Omnivore's Dilemma for Christmas or my B-day so that's a pending something special...
smile.png

Quote:
When I lived in Mass, they had Keno, and I used to play 13 all the time in my choice of numbers and would win like crazy. I TRIED to explain that 13 is a lucky number, but no one believed me. I'm still amazed to see how many tall buildings don't have a 13th floor.

A couple years back, I registered my vehicle and walked out without looking at my new plate number. When I got outside, I saw it had a couple of letters and then 666. I have to admit, I walked back in and sheepishly asked if I could have a different one. The lady was nice about it and totally understood, but I felt foolish for being so superstitious about it when I normally am not.

lol.png
I remember many moons ago working at Blockbuster... if you rented one New Release and one "Favorite" the total with the 8.25% Arlington tax came to 666... you don't know HOW many people added on an expensive piece of junk just to avoid that number. So yeah, I guess it was bad luck, it lightened your wallet and rotted your teeth.
tongue.png

MIL has an interesting book on superstitions. Said that while here in the US it's black cats everyone thinks are unlucky that over in Europe (or was it specifically UK???) that it's WHITE ones they avoid. Well... I think it's interesting anyways.

LauraJean, happy early birthday! Mine is five days after yours, but I'm sure it's YEARS apart, LOL.

I treat myself by buying fabric just because I like it and not because I have a certain project in mind for it. I really don't want anything that isn't quilt or chicken-related anyway. Would like my leaky porch roof fixed, but don't dare to dream of such indulgence, LOL.

I have a Keurig coffee machine- Love it! No more wasted coffee if everyone runs out of the house, late, and doesn't drink it! Plus, it makes tea, hot cocoa- mmmmm. We order the K-cups online. Coffee For Less is the place we order from. And if you order through HooplaDoopla.com, you save even more. We've been using hoopla doopla for a few years now and it's kinda nice getting that cash back every now and again!

And I bought a water bath canner a few years ago. Great investment! Have used it every year since. Tomatoes, sauerkraut, fruits, and, of course, pickles! I want to get a pressure canner at some point, but those are pricey!

I'm another one who rarely buys for myself. I look at stuff and say: Do I really need that? And usually decide I don't. Or I end up buying something like the canner, which hubby will say is not for me, that's for the house! I guess I'm just not a "splurger." Too practical minded!

got me 2 pair of new shoes, one cause i needed them, the others cause they were cute and on clearance and I wanted them!

And hopefully we'll be getting some rabbits this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom