Trip to feed store leads to political arguement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it finally got to where some people cant blame everything on Bush so now it's Romney. Even Sandy is Romneys fault.

pop.gif

duc.gif
had to start sooner or later... what is wrong with just saying **** happens?

I am sorry it wasn't Romney/Bain. But here is the web site were you can go read on were the teamsters Are sueing Romney over this mess. and it still doesn't change the fact that one of my family members lost his job do to ROMNEY! here is the first paragraph for you to read!

Mitt Romney made $15 million from a hedge fund investment that sent most of Delphi's job overseas. The hedge fund principals blackmailed the government into an enormous payout.Go here to read the rest teamsternation. blogspot.com

Read this: I suspect the reason for the company problems were mostly union related. The company is being sold off piece meal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi_Automotive

And you want to talk about a trickle down effect. My husband received a letter from his Union Pention that he paid into for 21 years that in 4 years there would be no more funds to payout! Thank god my husband is of age to get early benefits, But at big loss! And from what I just read on the teamsters blog spot, I have Romney to thank for that too!

Trickle down, excellent idea! Glad my kids and grand kids will get to help pay for that bailout of the banks. That's ok those same bailed out banks aren't even batting an eye on forclosing on homes of the people who get to pay for the bailout. Still waiting for that trickle, it's pretty dry down here!

Well I think the blame for no electric goes to Bush and not enough gasoline goes to Romney. But I may have that backwards.
idunno.gif

pop.gif
People get nutty on all sides don't they. I am not sure how the hurricane is anyone's fault. and of course you have people like Pastor John McTernan and Pastor Kevin Swanson (who also blames gays for hurricane Katrina too) blaming Obama and gays for hurricane Sandy. Pat Robertson and Reverend Jerry Falwell blamed gays, abortonists, and feminists for 9/11. Don't forget good old John Haggee and Phelps blaming hurricane Katrina on a gay pride parade.

Last edited:
And you want to talk about a trickle down effect. My husband received a letter from his Union Pention that he paid into for 21 years that in 4 years there would be no more funds to payout! Thank god my husband is of age to get early benefits, But at big loss! And from what I just read on the teamsters blog spot, I have Romney to thank for that too! 

Romney to thank for that? I guess Romney is the CEO that mismanaged the Union pension funds???? Everybody wants to blame somebody else for bad management. I DO feel for you and your husband's financial future, but the folks that mismanaged the pension funds also are were the ones that tell union members what to do (like when to strike) or negotiate wages with employers. Sure unions were started to combat HORRIBLE work environments, but with all state and federal regulations now in place to protect employees now, unions (like a previous poster stated) have become a corrupt middleman business that no long has the best interest of the members at stake. Union harassment and an overbearing government are two major contributors to jobs being taken overseas (both cost manufacturers dearly) and we all know the profit margin is the ultimate focus of large corporations. Modern day politics have trained the citizens of this country that desire to and hard work no longer accomplish the American Dream- instead they have made people believe that everyone is entitled to an equal share... when 'everybody gets a piece of the pie', somebody's pension or paycheck has to suffer.

Romney to thank for that? I guess Romney is the CEO that mismanaged the Union pension funds???? Everybody wants to blame somebody else for bad management. I DO feel for you and your husband's financial future, but the folks that mismanaged the pension funds also are were the ones that tell union members what to do (like when to strike) or negotiate wages with employers. Sure unions were started to combat HORRIBLE work environments, but with all state and federal regulations now in place to protect employees now, unions (like a previous poster stated) have become a corrupt middleman business that no long has the best interest of the members at stake. Union harassment and an overbearing government are two major contributors to jobs being taken overseas (both cost manufacturers dearly) and we all know the profit margin is the ultimate focus of large corporations. Modern day politics have trained the citizens of this country that desire to and hard work no longer accomplish the American Dream- instead they have made people believe that everyone is entitled to an equal share... when 'everybody gets a piece of the pie', somebody's pension or paycheck has to suffer.

Yes, it is not kindergarten where all kids get two cookies no matter what. People that work harder, are smarter and thriftier get ahead.

There are two thoughts on how wealth is gain. One is that working hard, saving and investing are the way. The other thinks that taking something from other people is the way. That is the difference between working people and pick pockets. Now, just which party best represents the interest of the working class?

I know you are not suggesting that poor and unemployed people are the result of being less intelligent, lazy, and loose with money, or that wealth is always the product of sweat and brains and honest dealings with money. Right?

There are actually lots of schools of thought on how wealth and economic classes operate. This is due to it being a complex topic with many variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom