Troyergals Chat Thread!!!

Ok everyone I have a question. I have a flock of LF and bantams. Well my two roosters were large down so I got rid of them because one of them almost killed one of my hens yesterday (she is perfectly fine now). There are other reasons too. Well, I am going to pick up a silkie rooster tomorrow for them. He is one year old. Is there a way I can make this a smooth transition, or will he be just fine because he will have 10 ladies without any other Roosters??????

Or there is also the song "Feel Invincible" by Skillet.
Also, I listened to "Voices" by Chris Young and, well.... It's not terrible.. :oops:

I.... actually can't argue with that. :smack
Eh......eeeehhhhhhhh.....EEEEHHHHH....no...that's just me though...

Ha! :yesss:

:D
My real name is Emma. It's a pretty lame name so I'm actually not surprised that everyone calls me CP instead.

Thanks.
I find my name boring so I honestly like being called CP, it's like the nickname I always wanted! :D XD

I like Emma better... :p I'll stick with CP for ya though!

Ok everyone I have a question. I have a flock of LF and bantams. Well my two roosters were large down so I got rid of them because one of them almost killed one of my hens yesterday (she is perfectly fine now). There are other reasons too. Well, I am going to pick up a silkie rooster tomorrow for them. He is one year old. Is there a way I can make this a smooth transition, or will he be just fine because he will have 10 ladies without any other Roosters??????

Sorry you had to get rid of your cockerels! :(

I'd keep him separate in a place where he can see and hear the hens but not be able to touch them. Do you want to quarantine? Some people do, others disagree and says that not quarantining helps your flock build a stronger, healthier system. Then let him out with supervision for a while and see how they do - he should do fine but it's best to play it safe. :)

Sorry you had to get rid of your cockerels! :(

I'd keep him separate in a place where he can see and hear the hens but not be able to touch them. Do you want to quarantine? Some people do, others disagree and says that not quarantining helps your flock build a stronger, healthier system. Then let him out with supervision for a while and see how they do - he should do fine but it's best to play it safe. :)
I don't really have anywhere to put him though :oops:

Back
Top Bottom