UMMMM is this what I think it is

midnitesun

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 15, 2009
Hunt County, Tx
This little guy hatched just a few minutes ago, and hubby came in to tell me, "Um I think his brains are hanging out."
he.gif

Is it his brains..

IMG_2357.jpg

Sorry for the dirty bator, I had 40 eggs in there and this little guy is #28 to hatch
jumpy.gif

It's just a mixed chick.. I have Buff, RIR, Barred Rock, and EE hens and a couple of misfit roos running around here, so no telling what it is.
I don't know what to do, I've never seen this before either.. I'm a little freaked out right now..

I can tell you it's not the little fellas brain. A chickens brain is tiny. Whatever it is it's not good. Tumor maybe?

If I were in this position, I would try and gently feel at it, see if maybe it's just a chunk of egg or something odd that's on the head, and not actually from inside the head. If the object is very stiff and definitely from the chicks' head, I'd cull it.
sad.png

I know that the part of the shell is still on it, and I a bit afraid to move it right now, as I want it to calm downa bit before I got poking on it to see if the bump is soft, hard or what ever.. I will give it a few minutes and than check it again

Back
Top Bottom