• Ducks can't use them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nyla

Crowing
7 Years
Jan 3, 2017
Northwest, Indiana
Quick question. If I setup these watering cups in my aviaries, can My ducks use the cups as drinking water? I've never used these before. I just bought a ton of them for my quails and wanted to know if my ducks can use them too? I always have kiddie pools filled with water and 3 gallon waterer's but wanted to know if this would work too?
1149374.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, yes! You could definitely give it a try though my guess is they won't really use them but who knows. Worth a shot if you have the extras!

I would love to find out how they worked for your ducks!! I am deciding if we should get them for our mixed flock, chickens and ducks.

I would love to find out how they worked for your ducks!! I am deciding if we should get them for our mixed flock, chickens and ducks.
They work for ducks & ducklings thou it was not initially meant for them, but for the little chicks who had not yet learned to use the horizontal nipples. The ducks just take quick sips, dribble the water everywhere, and basically dump dirt from their bills into the little cup/reservoir. I do have plenty of little water pails scattered throughout their area for them to dunk their heads in. Honestly I would just use the pails since it the head & nares that need to be dunked/flushed.

They work for ducks & ducklings thou it was not initially meant for them, but for the little chicks who had not yet learned to use the horizontal nipples. The ducks just take quick sips, dribble the water everywhere, and basically dump dirt from their bills into the little cup/reservoir. I do have plenty of little water pails scattered throughout their area for them to dunk their heads in. Honestly I would just use the pails since it the head & nares that need to be dunked/flushed.
Thanks for the info! I was planning on doing the same and still having a bucket for them but have the cups inside the coop through the winter when it is too cold outside. But since they make a mess with them anyways I think I will skip them lol
Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom