What’s your favorite chicken Breed?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’m not gonna Awnser

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hmm good point but I want a small breed that cute like by cute I mean sweet and friendly and nice and doesn’t fly much because I have a small backyard
I highly suggest modern game bantams! They are small, super friendly/docile breed, and have such unique personalities! They also earn you a few questions/weird looks from visitors, who think they are dinosaurs :gig

Cochins! My Cochin X Wyandotte cross knows tricks, rides around on my shoulder, loves cuddles. Her mama was the Wyandotte and she was not friendly so I know the loving nature came from her papa.
Snapchat-704738281.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-704738281.jpg
    Snapchat-704738281.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 2
A man after my own heart. Let's talk about cute chicks. 2 problems. What I think is cute, and what you think is cute, might be two different things. Second problem is the cutest ones almost always have some kind of drawback, to keep them from being perfect. Ever watch the movie Shallow Hal?
Anyway, for small, cute, friendly I think my first choice would be a sebright. Super cute, but super hard to find, and they fly like the mischief. Most of the birds do not fly well is because they are big. Hard to get all that weight off the ground. My choice here would be Wyandotte. Everything you're asking about, except they're going to weigh in at 7 to 8 lb roughly. So you're probably back to silkies. Not my cup of tea. But they certainly match all your requirements. Except I personally don't think they're especially cute. Come back anytime. I love talking about cute chicks.

Anyway, for small, cute, friendly I think my first choice would be a sebright. Super cute, but super hard to find, and they fly like the mischief
Oooooh *internal groan* I have nothing nice to say about Sebrights save for looks.

They are actually easy to find. But they are the Devil reincarnated. Pure evil.

By far, the friendliest breed I've ever dealt with extensively is the belgian d'Uccle. Allow me to make my case.

There is not one breed I've met that can be tamed down so easily. I turned a Satan worshipping, neck breaking, panic inducing young cockerel into a calm, friendly, tolerant therapy bird in one day. One day. 4 hours of being coddled and one long nap later and he could be single handedly managed by a 5 yr old. He is now a beloved pet and provides emotional support for the child.

That cockerel's father was also a therapy bird and ambassador. I hand raised him and he was such a friendly man. Would fly up to me to be held. Would approach me with a simple call. He let people he never met approach and hold him. Small children handled him. He calmed children and disabled individuals.

A prior hen that I got as a 2yr old was used with disabled and special needs adults as a therapy bird as well. No training, nothing.

They keep easy. Indoors, outdoors. Free range, confined. Ration fed, ad libitum. No issues with obesity or malnutrition. No issues with dirty feathers or feet. Got along with any bird they were put with.

In my experience, you cannot find a breed that so consistently has good temperament and can tame down so easy.

A man after my own heart. Let's talk about cute chicks. 2 problems. What I think is cute, and what you think is cute, might be two different things. Second problem is the cutest ones almost always have some kind of drawback, to keep them from being perfect. Ever watch the movie Shallow Hal?
Anyway, for small, cute, friendly I think my first choice would be a sebright. Super cute, but super hard to find, and they fly like the mischief. Most of the birds do not fly well is because they are big. Hard to get all that weight off the ground. My choice here would be Wyandotte. Everything you're asking about, except they're going to weigh in at 7 to 8 lb roughly. So you're probably back to silkies. Not my cup of tea. But they certainly match all your requirements. Except I personally don't think they're especially cute. Come back anytime. I love talking about cute chicks.
Bantams aren’t really my type the breed I’m looking for is not too too small I have Easter Eggers and I wanna know what chicken breeds would be small like Easter Eggers they are 4 to 5 lb kinda small by small I meant like Easter egger size

Bantams aren’t really my type the breed I’m looking for is not too too small I have Easter Eggers and I wanna know what chicken breeds would be small like Easter Eggers they are 4 to 5 lb kinda small by small I meant like Easter egger size
Look into oriental games. Old English for example.

Back
Top Bottom