What’s wrong with my ducks’ feet?

I will do that. Thank you for the suggestion! Should I put anything into the water?
Some people use Epsom salts, but you would have to make sure they didn't drink it. Me, I would use just plain water. If the water gets too dirty, drain the tub and refill.

After reading your post all I can say is...
You are a good shepherd and there will be a very big soft nest in heaven for you I am sure!
as for your foot issue- need close-ups but I always say turmeric coconut oil poultice.
(1 tsp Coconut oil, 1/8 to 1/4 tsp ground powdered Turmeric, 1/4 tsp baking soda and a few drops of castor oil. Mix all well into a paste apply directly on gauze pad and apply to tumor, wrap for 8 to 9 hours for large tumors. for small tumors or small lesions, apply mixture and rub in 3 to 5 times daily.)[/QUOT
After reading your post all I can say is...
You are a good shepherd and there will be a very big soft nest in heaven for you I am sure!
as for your foot issue- need close-ups but I always say turmeric coconut oil poultice.
(1 tsp Coconut oil, 1/8 to 1/4 tsp ground powdered Turmeric,Mix all well into a paste apply directly on gauze pad and apply to tumor, wrap for 8 to 9 hours for large tumors. for small tumors or small lesions, apply mixture )
look at the toe nails- what is that
Dirt

Secure the little booger and BOX\isolate yo duck! Treat with what PATOS said.
All of the ducks seem to have a puffy toenail on the outer toe, Dragon’s just seems to be much more severe. Could it just be genetic? They’re all siblings, except the Cayuga drake. If it is, would it have popped up earlier? They’re almost a year old.
(Although I’ve just remembered that he has the puffy toenail, too. They all do.)

Last edited:
My ducks had something similiar thats was caused by an infection. If it is the same, there are things youcan do to help like they posted above. But if it doesnt get better, try the vet if you can. My male pekin looked similiar to that along with bumblefoot. The infection deeveloped really quickly in him compared to the others and infection got into his bones. He didnt survive it. My suggestion is like theirs above, but id feele for a fevered foot, one thats hotter then it should be, thats about when id take them to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom