What a joy!!! ***heavy pics***

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by McGoo, Apr 13, 2008.

1. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I tried to hatch out eggs and ended up with only one... and he was lonely. So I contacted Hinkjc (Jody) and she had some EEs and a few BOs that were a few days old... and for sale. [​IMG]

So off I drove on Saturday to pick up friends for my little lonely fella. He's now got company. Look at how cute they all are together. 6 Easter Eggers, 3 Buff Orpingtons, and 1 Black Copper Marans.
    [​IMG]

This is their home [​IMG] What a way to use a jacuzzi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Glad you took my advice and got some cuties from Miss Jody! But, don't give up on hatching forever. Please do try again. Shipped eggs are a gamble, but I've had lots of people get good hatches from my eggs, as has Jody and many others who sell hatching eggs here on BYC. Sure, the results vary due to all the variables, but please try again in the future. Congrats on your new babies!

3. Animallover606

Animallover606 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    I sure wish I had those, Those easter eggers are so adorable much did they cost?

4. McGoo

Cyn,
    Thanks for your words of encouragement. I do hope to try again in another month or so if I can get some hand delivered Marans eggs. My dh is going to be in Florida and I'm hoping that I can coordinate a pick-up from Bev. [​IMG]

Animal lover - I got them from Hinkjc (Jody) and she charged me $2.00 each. I did pick them up. Her brooder was impeccable and they are all robust! I'm working on handling them frequently so that they are people friendly. This is one of the reason that I wanted babies.

Thanks all [​IMG]

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Awww Colleen, they look great together. It was so nice to meet you and I am so happy that my babies went to a great home. Enjoy! [​IMG]

Jody

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

So cute! Makes me want buff orp babies! [​IMG]

7. McGoo

Sara,
    It's amazing how sweet they are at this young age... almost seems that they are more gentle than the others. Maybe it's just me. I've also got a few EEs who seem really mellow too. [​IMG]

8. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the photos, I'm sitting here smiling, getting ready to work on the outdoor run tomorrow for chicks I can't get until May 16...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by