What did you do in the garden today?

:yesss:Got the garden expansion done today but I’m definitely headed to get dirt first thing in the morning. Also got the rebar pulled but the blocks will have to be moved after I put the soil in. Then I’ll do the pavers. I have a pot of society garlic I’m going to plant at the end of the row and a couple of other things I need to transplant but have to look up first. The boys did a great job of stacking the wood so I hope a fire is in our near future!
7A2E81E0-F764-4D00-BB55-61F370C2D671.jpeg
B08D1BAC-F857-40C2-89C7-D369984548C5.jpeg

:yesss:Got the garden expansion done today but I’m definitely headed to get dirt first thing in the morning. Also got the rebar pulled but the blocks will have to be moved after I put the soil in. Then I’ll do the pavers. I have a pot of society garlic I’m going to plant at the end of the row and a couple of other things I need to transplant but have to look up first. The boys did a great job of stacking the wood so I hope a fire is in our near future!
View attachment 2492320View attachment 2492321
omg i bet its gonna turn out goergeous! 🐥

I have to say, this is my first EE & man do I LOVE those muffs! I think she has a beard too. It cracks me up every time I see her.
I love my EE muffs too! It gives them such a great facial expression! I was afraid that the other chickens would pick at them but my 2 EEs are the top hens so no problem there.
And @igorsMistress, your garden looks great, and any time you want to post pics of those ducks I will be here for it!

Afternoon all - once again no notices for this thread, this time I know for sure I didn't miss it. So I have some catching up to do!

@igorsMistress I just can't even tell you how much I love you avatar pic. They kill me! ❤ I want more pics, please!

It is mushy out there, upper 30's & 2 inches of rain = ick. I cleaned out the coops yesterday before the rain so everything is nice & fresh out there. Added some wood chips to the run too.

I never did pull the rutabagas as they just didn't get big enough. They still have some greens on them, maybe they chickens will like them - I should try. This batch of littles are so brave, they eat all the veggies scraps I put out, my old wenches never liked anything till they got older.

I have to say, this is my first EE & man do I LOVE those muffs! I think she has a beard too. It cracks me up every time I see her.
View attachment 2492193

beautifulbirds!

your rutabagas might be able to survive winter. otherwise chop them and your chickens will have a party.

I have just let my feathered cuties out. all of them are fine, only water outside froze a bit. ducks were fine in a dry coop! it is chilly but sunny and it seems all of them (chickens, ducks and a pair of bronze turkies) enjoy being outside. garden is still green, no damage. veggies in the pots are safe as well. I put them in a covered parking space next to a 2 store coop (ducks on the ground floor, pekins aka cochin bantams on the 1st floor).

Back
Top Bottom