What did you do in the garden today?

I'd have the neighbor over for deck coffee and cake a lot and let them watch and play with the chicks. HELL my hens don't shut up ALL day, my roo crows at dawn and sometimes once or twice at night or during the day, but those gossipy hen, OMG.
She just moved in a couple weeks ago, I asked her if she heard the hens in the am & she said no. She must be a deep sleeper! 2 days ago my neighbor 2 doors down came over to make sure all was ok because they all laid at once, sounded like a massacre - & he has chickens! 😂
Which one do you THINK is a roo?
My guess...
IMG_20210929_122832767.jpg

Not much today. Got 3 inches of rain yesterday through this morning and it it WET!. Did manage to remove 4 cattle panels & related T-posts that were used for bean trellises. Over the past weekend I mowed the blackeyed pea cover crop and tilled the remains in for the first time. Gotta get in with a shovel soon and try removing a bunch of nutgrass before winter. That stuff is tryin to take over the garden. My grandmother told me long ago that the best way to get rid of nutgrass was to dig it all up, including the nuts, Bake it in the oven for 5 hrs @ 500 ddegrees, take a hammer and smash the nuts to smithereens, Then take the results to california and dump them into the pacific ocean! Sounds like a plan. All except going to California. We got saltwater 15 miles from our house.

She just moved in a couple weeks ago, I asked her if she heard the hens in the am & she said no. She must be a deep sleeper! 2 days ago my neighbor 2 doors down came over to make sure all was ok because they all laid at once, sounded like a massacre - & he has chickens! 😂

My guess...
View attachment 2850561
No way to tell so far sorry

I'd have the neighbor over for deck coffee and cake a lot and let them watch and play with the chicks. HELL my hens don't shut up ALL day, my roo crows at dawn and sometimes once or twice at night or during the day, but those gossipy hen, OMG.

my roos crow 24/7, lol.

please send me your strength, I have a lot of things to do but I feel exausted.

My guess...
View attachment 2850561

if it has chipmonk pattern please post a pic of its back. this long line behind the eyes usually means a girl.

Found some nice dung beetle grubs in the alpaca poo. I think they're so funny. the beetles, not the larvae.
The only fun part of picking up dog doots is finding the tiny dung beetles from time to time. For some reason I always thought of dung beetles (also known as scarab beetles) as something from far and exotic places, like Africa.

Back
Top Bottom