What did you do in the garden today?

I know you didn't want any extras. Hopefully it's a girl, and you just love her. :) I imagine they were afraid 1 would die in transit and then you'd be short.
But we had the whole conversation on how I couldn't take an extra, they promised it was easy to accomplish, no issue. The reason I ordered from them is that they sell a 3 pack, not many others do. If someone orders only 3 chicks & specifically calls to order & says NO EXTRAS they should get why & oblige.

In all honesty we can have a roo, I just don't want one. & I don't have the room for 4, I had the room for 3. It just makes me mad.

I'll stop complaining now!! It's beautiful fall weather outside, my fave time of year. ❤️ & I have pumpkin chili on the stove. :drool

But we had the whole conversation on how I couldn't take an extra, they promised it was easy to accomplish, no issue. The reason I ordered from them is that they sell a 3 pack, not many others do. If someone orders only 3 chicks & specifically calls to order & says NO EXTRAS they should get why & oblige.

In all honesty we can have a roo, I just don't want one. & I don't have the room for 4, I had the room for 3. It just makes me mad.

I'll stop complaining now!! It's beautiful fall weather outside, my fave time of year. ❤️ & I have pumpkin chili on the stove. :drool
Sorry. :hugs
What Hatchery did you get them from?

Don't tell, but I secretly hope it's a roo too. I have the perfect way to leave it up to the neighbor. Legally we can have them, & I personally love the crow of a roo, but not all do. My go to is if it annoys her we will cull him, we can't re-home as we have a respiratory disease in the flock. So it's up to you, neighbor, keep him or put a bullet in his head. :gig :wee

(eta: it's all true, I won't re-home anyone, couldn't do that & lie about it)

Last edited:
Made a pot of chili this morning using our crushed tomatoes, jalapenos, tomato paste, and garlic. Really spicy but it needs to cook for an hour or so to see how it really is. I was going to start on canning apple pie filling today but it'll have to wait till the clear-jel gets here on Monday. I either didn't know or forgot that you shouldn't use corn starch for canning. Had to order it on Amazon. I might make some caramel sauce to go on top of the pie. I just need to find my spare squeeze bottle.

Such cute little peepers, @Sueby!

Don't tell, but I secretly hope it's a roo too. I have the perfect way to leave it up to the neighbor. Legally we can have them, & I personally love the crow of a roo, but not all do. My go to is if it annoys her we will cull him, we can't re-home as we have a respiratory disease in the flock. So it's up to you, neighbor, keep him or put a bullet in his head. :gig :wee

(eta: it's all true, I won't re-home anyone, couldn't do that & lie about it)
I'd have the neighbor over for deck coffee and cake a lot and let them watch and play with the chicks. HELL my hens don't shut up ALL day, my roo crows at dawn and sometimes once or twice at night or during the day, but those gossipy hen, OMG.

Back
Top Bottom