What did you do in the garden today?

THAT is why I grow Brandywines, one slice is a whole BLT!

Yea, as you said, generally here it's because of our cool weather in the beginning of the season, not enough pollination yet. Usually the first tomatoes get it here. Brandywine's are prone to it too so I always get at least a little.

Necessary? No. If you have enough money you can buy anything you need! :gig

PICS PICS PICS!! :gig & also Boston Cream Pie is my most favorite dessert EVER. & my most fave donut. (I'd take pics of the pie too 😬)
I haven’t tried Brandywines, will check those out also! Thanks Sueby!

To all of you without rain...I send you some of mine. We have flood warnings out and my chickens still scared from the owl won't go in their coop 🤷🏻‍♀️. Yet, I hope this storm sends some rain your way because I don't need it and have no electricity right now oye.

Attachments

• 20220810_100545.jpg
    20220810_100545.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220810_100528.jpg
    20220810_100528.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 1
Help! Squash bug infestation! Should I just pull my plants & call it a day? Never had them before, only SVB. Two days of rain and not checking and they are ALL OVER THE LEAVES. No way I can eradicate them all…
I've had to rip out all my zucchini because of them. I'm in watching the rain hoping my pumpkins are ok...but yeah I just rip them out

I've had to rip out all my zucchini because of them. I'm in watching the rain hoping my pumpkins are ok...but yeah I just rip them out
I'm very tempted to do the same with my zucchini. I've already ripped out a couple of plants. I only have one fruit that's actually growing and another that I'm trying to harvest for seeds. Probably not worth the two fruits to keep dealing with all these squash bugs....especially when I've sowed some pumpkin seeds nearby. Anyone know if zucchini fruit will continue to cure for seed collection if you detach it from the plant? It's already quite large and beginning to stripe.

Oh yeah, and I LOOOOOOOVE Boston Creme pie. So jealous.....

It sprinkled last night but with the same results as earlier. Barely wet the open ground, but the ground under covered areas is still bone dry. This afternoon we had a nice cell get REALLY close...within a quarter or eighth of a mile, but still missed us. Not a drop. The lack of rain makes gardening no fun....that's for sure.

@Sally PB I never had catfacing on my mortgate lifters, but different climate and all, they may never work for you.
New garage doors come tomorrow. I ordered them Oct 1st last year.
Ugh, one more thing I have to order in advance? We haven't broken ground on my house (waiting on permit) and my builder wants to order cabinets already.

No gardening today, just processed a couple extra quail. One had two vents.. yep weird. My post is in the quail forum if you want the necropsy.

Spent the morning dealing with garlic. The ones we harvested early July have been hanging from a rafter in the barn. Today they got roots trimmed, and I tried to braid, but not working too great, so I trimmed the tops down. This is the “Early Italian Purple”, pretty sure from John Scheepers KGS that we received in early March to plant. Ummm…yeah it’s a lot! The small “bits” in the small container are little bulblets that were produced on the stems of about 8 plants.

1BEFC6AD-9138-4C9F-8866-3E81FF8681E0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom