what is a good hen to buy?

You may want to get a lot more hens for three roosters. That poor hen will be wore out Or get rid of two of the roos. The normal per rooster is 10 hens to one roo. That's cool that you got them free!

Miron... did you say you were planning on getting 15 more hens?​

Last edited:
oh.... um... yeah... that was a typo ? blaming the computer http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1848_.gif

idunno.gif
computers NEVER know what they are doing!
tongue.png

I plan on sell the roosters so I can buy some more hens; the lady I got them from has 14 more for free! I just have to catch them I only could catch 4 the first time. That took me a couple of hours
cool.png

I plan on sell the roosters so I can buy some more hens; the lady I got them from has 14 more for free! I just have to catch them I only could catch 4 the first time. That took me a couple of hours

Oh that's good~!
big_smile.png
We said we were going to start off with a dozen and were not up to 30 I think LOL How big is your coop?? Your going to want to fill it up after you get a taste of keeping chickens! They are SO much fun
big_smile.png
Welcome to the chicken world~! A couple of hours to catch chickens sounds about right
lau.gif
The little buggers are FAST! Did you try a fishing net? That's what I used once and it worked VERY well! And not one had to get their tails grabbed
big_smile.png

OK... so do you have a roost, or do you need to put one up?

With that many hens I recommend a ladder roost. I tried to find some pics, but couldn't.

Back
Top Bottom