Why did my dove do this?

GoldenBlossoms

Songster
May 30, 2022
So the other night I brought some of my baby chicks in to try and get them more use to me (they are being raised by my mama hen who I hand raised) and while spending a bit of time with them my pet Dove flew over to them (she free flies in my room) and it was cute watching them all look at each other but suddenly my Dove walked over to one of the chicks and pecked her face. Why would my gental Dove do that? She has never once pecked at anything that wasn't food and she has been around my cat and dog with no issues. Just very curious. Thanks.

I have no experience with doves but I’d guess she was just trying to figure out what your chicks where. You’ll see chicks peck other ckicks/animals so they can figure out what the object is.

I have no experience with doves but I’d guess she was just trying to figure out what your chicks where. You’ll see chicks peck other ckicks/animals so they can figure out what the object is.
Ah I didn't know that. That makes sense cuz she didn't seem to hurt the chick, just startled it. Thanks. I also didn't know that's why chicks peck at each other. So I learned something new x3

Back
Top Bottom