Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Afternoon
frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
! nice to hear what everyone is up to. Sitting at the table monitoring DS(9) with his homework project- was hoping he would be finished by now......

cut open a couple pumpkins for the chickens and peafowl and pheasants- the hens pile on the goodies and complain loudly if they think you didn't give enough
lau.gif

Pudding Cake

What a be you tea full day! Just came in for lunch and now after sitting possibly a nap. The pile out back is split now have to drop some more trees. Rolling the big chunks in the bucket and bringing them to the splitter sure makes my back not hurt! Thinking if I can get 2 more large trees done b4 the deep snow hits I'll be happy. Big WELCOME! brandislee! Good to have you join in! Wish we could post vids on here I have a roo named Peatwo that walks like a goose steppin Nazi in the snow or water. Some don't mind the snow some do let em out and see. Jim your makin my nose run! Only made horseradish once a long time ago. WOW that'll clean out your sinuses! So much more but gotta eat something.

So I guess my post will make most of you tired!! LOL

SO I was up early, fed my chickies, n horses (BEFORE Coffee!!), then over to clients house to feed his horses and goats, I think I was done by 8:15, then over to TO's to feed her menagerie,
she is scrap booking in Johnson creek and didn't want to have to pull teeth to ask DH or DD25 to do the barn/horse/goat/sheep/rabbit/quail/goose/duck/pigeon and chicken chores.
So then it was to F&F to get MORE chick starter, then to the bank, then home to take recycle and trash to the dump.
DH dried laundry that I washed yesterday, and did dishes last night.
bow.gif
love.gif
tongue.png

So now we will be leaving in an hour or so and feeding horses then on to client's to bring in his horses, water them, feed them and off to our friends for the night.

Laters Carol

Well he only has 200 pigeons I found out.
tongue.png
It seems like a lot more when you are vaccinating them. He has Budapest tumblers, Archangels, Show Homers (silver), pigmy pouters, someother pouter, Dammasenes, Chinese Owls, long face clean legs, mufflers, short faced English what nots, classic old frills, croppers. Something that looks like a Capuchine but isnt. And a bunch of other breeds I cant remember. I should try and snap picts next time some are so pretty and some are so bizarre looking. Wow we ran out of vaccine so next week I get to do it again. yeaY NOT! Only worked 3 hours but seemed longer.
tongue.png

Peatwo walks like a goose steppin Nazi
gig.gif
Yea I wish you had a video of that.

WOW WCC
th.gif
Well have a good evening.

Laters Taters

Last edited:
Hi Everyone

Put the rabbits in the run with the chickens today...quite entertaining...The chicks were scared to death at first and rabbits were curious....The chicks would run up into the coop to get away from the rabbits and the rabbits would follow them up!!! It appeared that the rabbits were terrorizing the chicks but I think they were just checking them out....
My chicks are 10 weeks old (silkies) when do you switch to big girl feed??? Almost time for a new bag and wondering if I should stick with the chick developer feed...

Quote:
Sounds like the buns were having fun. My big girls were terrified of my rabbits the first time they saw them too, even though they were bigger than one of them.
You should switch your chicks from chick starter to chick grower/finisher at 8 weeks, and leave them on it until 16 to 18 weeks of age. Then they can go on poultry layer formula. Putting them on layer ration any earlier will make them sick & possibly die. It contains too much calcium that their bodies cannot handle that early in life.
Good links to chick care:
http://www.mypetchicken.com/backyard-chickens/chicken-care/chapter-4-caring-for-baby-chicks.aspx
http://www.tractorsupply.com/content/knowhow/chicks/livestock_care_caring_for_new_chicks
http://www.motherearthnews.com/basic-country-skills/get-started-with-chickens.aspx

ETA-tapioca pudding

Last edited:
Quote:
hugs.gif
I'm here Joe! I saw you posted about me a couple weeks ago, but now I can't seem to find that post. I just don't get to check in like I used too. What a busy summer.

Today is my youngest's birthday. He's 6. Now I'm all dressed up and ready to go out. I'm a Spider Witch! Shhhh! Don't tell anybody.
big_smile.png

All is good here. Almost ready for .....You guessed it.......Snow. But I still have plants and bulbs to bring in.
hmm.png
I hate having to dig up the bulbs.

Anyway. I'll try to post more soon.
frow.gif

CC, I tried ctrl/Z i must have done it wrong..

I'LL post later after I am not PO'd anymore..

why doesn't it delete the post in the beginning; BEFORE you have written a book?

..........jiminwisc.......

Welcome Brandislee
frow.gif

Hi fordsmommy and jodiea
frow.gif

I am confused. people are Awol and getting upset. What the heck is going on? <(<rhetorical question)
hmm.png
Well anyway I will just chill out and see if everything works out. BTW I wasnt really playing that game on here, there is one in the games section. Thats why I messed up both times I did it(on purpose) . I was just being silly. Hope nobody took offense.

jodiea Thats cute about the bunnies. I suppose you did see the Youtube of the chicken police where the chickens broke up a rabbit fight?!!
big_smile.png

Last fall I went out to feed my chickens and close the door up (it was dark-you know December weather) and I found a wild bunnie in the coop eating with the chickens. Really scared me but the chickens seemed like it was a daily happening.
tongue.png
See what happens when mammas not around?!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom