WOOHOO!!! They are mine, mine, MINE!!!!

Quote:
He doesn't have a tail, that's MY hair behind him! When we got him (at an auction!) I thought he had been in a fight and had his tail feathers plucked. Is there such a thing as a Banty Araucana? He's tiny, but beats the heck out of the big roos and we have a couple of roos from the last batch of eggs we hatched about 4-5 months ago that have enough of his coloring to think they are his. They all have tails, tho.
JrRooster.jpg

This one has his coloring, but he's bigger, and has a tail, and no ear puffs.

Yes, there are bantam are large fowl araucanas. If you look at feathersite, there are several pictures. The no tail is supposed to be semi-dominant, when we crossed ours to other birds we got some with tails and some without. His chicks should lay blue eggs, the roosters carry the blue egg gene.

Cool! We have some pullets that are about 2 months old. Not sure if any are his yet. We lost most of the batch that one I put the pic of to rats. We have since gone on a MAJOR rat vendetta! We had almost no rat sightings for months, then this past week we lost a blue silkie hen and a banty buff cochin hen to them. I have set out traps and bait for them. I hate rats! Except for pet ones!

Back
Top Bottom