San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Oh, I've missed so much in the last month! I've been so busy with my chicken sales ect. Sorry to any one that has pm'ed me., I'll get caught up.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the meet up and talking chicken!

I have RIR laying hen under 2 years old (not sure how old she is). She is getting picked on like crazy and they are pulling out all her feathers. I think I need to rehome her. Anyone interested? I am in Clairemont. Send me a private msg!

Poor hen!
In the mean time apply vicks to her head and tail area, the chickens pecking on her will get 1 taste of that and stop immediately. Also removing the ring leader and putting her in timeout can be very helpful.
Check the hen, is she otherwise healthy? Mites?... Sometimes a sick hen can trigger a predation response. Hope you get it resolved quickly.

I have RIR laying hen under 2 years old (not sure how old she is). She is getting picked on like crazy and they are pulling out all her feathers. I think I need to rehome her. Anyone interested? I am in Clairemont. Send me a private msg!
You can also apply some Blue Kote especially if you see blood. It will disinfect and the other won't attack her anymore. Good luck.

The only chronic problem that I have had with my chickens was feather picking. I tried clear Kote, blue kote, and other nasty tasting stuff. So far that bad habit it gone but not until I put pinless peepers on the most offensive hens which were the Marans and Ameruacanas.

The only chronic problem that I have had with my chickens was feather picking. I tried clear Kote, blue kote, and other nasty tasting stuff. So far that bad habit it gone but not until I put pinless peepers on the most offensive hens which were the Marans and Ameruacanas.

I forgot about those, but yeah those work great!

That is Hilarious..... Do they stay on forever? I don't have feather pickers now but my first flock had a few.

deb " Always learning
pop.gif
"

That is Hilarious..... Do they stay on forever? I don't have feather pickers now but my first flock had a few.

deb " Always learning
pop.gif
"
I used them on my birds about 9 months ago left them on for about 3 months then took them off. They do work great. Of the 25 that i put on, only 2 of them were able to get them off.

HENS HENS HENS
I need help....have a client looking for laying hens 5-6mo that lay colored eggs. Any OE or Blues, pink, BCM ( I'm always needing ), or Wels. And of course how much $ you want for them. Just thought I'd throw a little business out there to our BYC family. If anyone needs/wants to trim there flock (make room for different breeds ect).
Pm me if interested. Tx
Ps; Still looking for Favorelle Roo...:)
Pss; That list of what everyone has ava would be fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom