šŒššš«šœš” 2š¤22 ~ Flo's Hatch-A-Long ~

Knowing that you have the comfort to snap these pics with your allergy suggests youā€™d be able to do the plate of sugar water and watch them goto it and avoid the feedā€¦. Likely 80-90% will detour from what Iā€™ve learned.
I am deathly allergic, but I have learned there is no use in being afraid. I know that if I donā€™t bother them, they wonā€™t bother me. Snapping a few photos and setting up sugar water is as close as Iā€™ll get to them.

Last edited:
66C90EBE-6690-4C41-9E6A-7E597301B9AB.jpeg

I snapped this photo the moment after Peanut pecked a bee for intruding into her space. That bee quickly retreated.

Then I noticed a dead bee right next to Peanut on the pellets. She must have pecked it to death :lau.

Clearly she is not having it. Neither am I :).

View attachment 3000623
I snapped this photo the moment after Peanut pecked a bee for intruding into her space. That bee quickly retreated.

Then I noticed a dead bee right next to Peanut on the pellets. She must have pecked it to death :lau.

Clearly she is not having it. Neither am I :).
I am here for Peanut! I love birds with their own special peculiarities. :love

Also wanted to add that when we had the day that was in the 50ā€™s, the bees were going crazy for the chicken feed for some reason.
View attachment 2999775
View attachment 2999776
View attachment 2999778
There were dozens of bees inside the bags of feed, and the bags are feed are in the same area as the broody in her crateā€¦ when I was going to candle the eggs, I had to cover up and wait for the bees to clear up, being allergic to them.

Just thought it was interesting that they came so early.
They are desperate for pollen. They need it to feed their larva (baby bees). ;)

Today is the two-week update.

One. Week. Left. :celebrate:wee:fl

They will be hatching next Saturday into Sunday.

Flo (the name y'all voted for in this thread) is doing very well! She gave me a bit of a heart attack yesterday... When she was finished eating, drinking, and running around, she started going inside the coop and started climbing the ladder to the ROOSTS! I immediately got her off the roost and gave her a little push towards her crate, and thankfully, she plopped right back down on the eggs. I don't know if she forgot about them, or what, but since I don't have an incubator, I got really scared.

Will candle hopefully tonight and give y'all updates. The pictures don't seem to be working well, so I will give verbal updates (I'll see if the pictures turn out okay) :).

Flo had gotten off the nest every day except one. One day it was snowing hard and she decided to stay on the nest.

Back
Top Bottom