11 of my babies were killed

Alypanda

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2022
Yesterday, a group of German Shepherds got into my coop and killed 7 silver lined olive egger pullets and 4 white african guinea fowl that I had been raising up. They just hit 12 weeks and I am devastated. I fixed my fence and fortified it.
With that being said, if anyone in Northwest Oklahoma has guineas or pullets/hens they are unable to keep/care for, I will gladly see if I can add them to my flock. I currently have 10 Rhode Island Reds, 95 New Hampshire Reds, and 2 Guinea fowl.

Sorry for your loss. Document the loss and contact animal control. It is very likely these dogs will return. Have you considered hot wire for your coop and pen?
The dogs are owned by one of our farm hands and we are taking action. They killed one of my Buff Orpingtons a few months ago and no action was taken but its shoot on sight now.

So sorry for your loss. If you'd like to connect with other members in OK, here's a link to your state thread, maybe you can find someone in your general area with birds: Oklahoma

Best wishes

Back
Top Bottom