So 17 out of 20 La Bresse chicks hatched yesterday so I transferred the chicks to their heating box and grabbed the 3 goose eggs from broody hen.

The 3 goose eggs all have different hatching dates so it will be a bit awkward but I'll figure something out šŸ˜…šŸ‘

In the egg they all look like they should start hatch very soon!

Fingers crossed for a buff gosling!

Both my 4 year old and year old are now laying.

There's 9 eggs in the nest so I will have to separate some eggs and make a new nest.

7 eggs is the maximum I allow a goose to sit on, anymore than 7 eggs for heavy breeds will cause problems!

Anyways fingers crossed for a gosling this week šŸ‘Œ

Attachments

• 20200307_132415.jpg
    20200307_132415.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 7
So unfortunate news, we had a day time fox attack yesterday and unfortunately my yearling female got killed on the spot šŸ˜³

I saw her mate standing next to her and it was really sad to see.

Watch out for those predators folks! They'll come anytime of the day.

Predators will do anything at this time of the year since they're having babies around now.

On another note,

Coronavirus is making Europe feel like an apocalypse!

Praying it will end soon,

Stay safe everyone šŸ‘

Same here. I made the mistake of going out to meet someone to give them chicks today and there were accidents all over the place, people driving crazy, stop and go traffic...I just don't understand what is going through these people's minds.

Wow! I didn't even know they lived that long! What a wonderful relationship they have!
They don't usually! Their lifespan is 10 to 24 years and they are in their 40s which is why I guess I am paranoid about them dying suddenly! The world record is set by a gander named George who died aged 49 years and 8 months so we are trying to beat that! I am so blessed to have not one but two ancient birdies!

They don't usually! Their lifespan is 10 to 24 years and they are in their 40s which is why I guess I am paranoid about them dying suddenly! The world record is set by a gander named George who died aged 49 years and 8 months so we are trying to beat that! I am so blessed to have not one but two ancient birdies!

I'm sure your concern is warranted but they have clearly been so loved and well cared for that they have stayed around twice as long as what would be expected. :hugs I think they're beautiful but I'm sure you're able to see more being there with them.

Back
Top Bottom