A dog killed all my chicken last night

You should call the animal control dept on this guy. Sounds like he needs to have things explained to him.

If they don't do anything about it, and if the dog keeps coming around and you don't want to kill it, then shoot it in the butt with a shotgun from about 30 yards away with some #8 birdshot. It will have to be taken to the vet, and hundreds of dollars spent, to have all those little pellets removed. The owner still may not care about your chickens, but he will then understand that keeping his dog home is in his own best interests.

:eek:
sad.png

I am with Nick, I don't think I would have called animal control to come and get that dog. I would have taken care of it myself.

SO VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS
The girls were very beautiful. Hope this won't stop you from getting more.

So sad:( very frustrating to hear of such things.

I can't understand how it got through a chain link fence? I thought people use chain link to make dog pens out of. Perhaps it had practise breaking out of a pen, so knew how to get in one.

aww, this just happened to me, including the pit bull, only it also involved 6 or 8 puppies. My dad called to tell me while I was out of town. My entire flock... gone... I'm crushed right now...

I am real sorry about what happened to you, i felt real bad when that happened to me. One day some of my chickens did not show back up at the coop, and we found a pile of feathers. this kept going on for a while. then one day I heard my new rooster i got the day before sqawk so I went outside and three dogs from this guy down the road where tearing my rooster up (these dogs weren't feed very good). So we went down there and talked to him he gave me 20$ for my rooster. The next day I looked outside and them dogs where chasing my chickens again so we called animal contral on him they took one of his dogs away. But if there up here agian will have to do somthing else.
Hope you get everything worked out about that dog.

Back
Top Bottom