Any advice for gasping for air in ducks!

Pics
I'm so sorry about your girl! That sounds so hard. You weren't selfish, you were doing everything you possibly could to help her get better because you cared about her. And you also were thinking of her sister. It's impossible to know if our best efforts will help our animals or not, but your desire the whole way was for her best. I hope you're able to find a good situation for Frankie that brings both of you peace!

I'm so sorry about your girl! That sounds so hard. You weren't selfish, you were doing everything you possibly could to help her get better because you cared about her. And you also were thinking of her sister. It's impossible to know if our best efforts will help our animals or not, but your desire the whole way was for her best. I hope you're able to find a good situation for Frankie that brings both of you peace!
Thank you Cori, that means so much to me. My animals are my children, and no mother should have to watch their child suffer and pass away so young. I wish I could comfort Frankie with love and affection, but only Grace was my sweet cuddly girl that loved to be snuggled and loved on. She would wag her tail and purr if I pet and massaged her. I'm going to spend time next to Frankie so she knows she isn't alone.

Take your time about Frankie right now you need each other. Maybe it will work out for Frankie to stay and who knows she may just warm up to you. When we lost our Gander In Feb I was so worried about his mate they had been together 10 yrs. She has done so well even though it was heartbreaking for her and me. But she has been hanging with me during the day some and still doesn’t want me to touch her, she is tolerating me much more. Lol Just give yourself and Frankie time to heal. My goose has ducks and chickens in her family so she isn’t alone.

Take your time about Frankie right now you need each other. Maybe it will work out for Frankie to stay and who knows she may just warm up to you. When we lost our Gander In Feb I was so worried about his mate they had been together 10 yrs. She has done so well even though it was heartbreaking for her and me. But she has been hanging with me during the day some and still doesn’t want me to touch her, she is tolerating me much more. Lol Just give yourself and Frankie time to heal. My goose has ducks and chickens in her family so she isn’t alone.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss too. I've been hanging outside with Frankie after work. Along with her cat friend, Luci. I know she loves me, but was never like my Gracie in the physical affection department. I just feel bad, because if this was reversed I know I could snuggle and massage Gracie to comfort her. Frankie was the lovebug when they were little ducklings, but that switched as they grew up. My emotions are all over the place right now. The best thing is sit outside with Frankers and keep her company. She's been foraging next me, and preening herself which is good. But, she does stop to cry out and wander around looking for Grace. This was so heartbreaking all around.

She'll enjoy your company even if she doesn't want to snuggle. I know its the saddest thing to hear them cry for their mate of best friend.
Frankie seems to doing ok. I was foraging for worms with her a little bit ago. I put a radio and plastic mirror in her run. When she saw the mirror she just froze in front of it and then quickly walked off. I've been in contact with someone in a nearby city that has rescued ducks for adoption to get Frankie a companion. I'll know when it's time, but for now Frankie has me, her dad, and cat friend. I just wanted to thank you all again for all the care and support. This group has been a blessing in these darkest days.

Two of my favorite photos of Gracie

Attachments

• 20210915_170017.jpg
    20210915_170017.jpg
    816.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20211223_141329.jpg
    20211223_141329.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom