Any Home Bakers Here?

Decided to try Alice28's chocolate cheesecake for a V-day treat. I won't be able to get to the store in the next couple days so I'm going to make a new recipe for chocolate wafer cookies and crush them for the crust.

What do you think, that should be good right?
Sounds great. So creative. Makes me wish I was baking for V day...

I've got the Amish Friendship Bread starter going. Anyone who would like to receive a starter can PM me. Should have at least 5 starters to send out. I'm going to let it go until I do the first bake which will be next weekend so I would be able to mail them out on the 23rd.

I've got the Amish Friendship Bread starter going. Anyone who would like to receive a starter can PM me. Should have at least 5 starters to send out. I'm going to let it go until I do the first bake which will be next weekend so I would be able to mail them out on the 23rd.

I sent you a PM. Let me know when you want my mailing info. Thanks!

These are the chocolate wafers I made for the chocolate cheesecake going to whip up today. I've never made a cheesecake before, wish me luck!

CHOCOLATE COOKIE WAFERS
1 C sugar
1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C cocoa powder

Line baking sheets with parchment.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together sugar, butter, salt & baking powder.
Beat in egg & vanilla.
Beat in flour and cocoa.
Roll dough into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour or longer.
Cut into 1/8" slices.
Bake 10 minutes...watch carefully, these will burn quickly.

This dough can be rolled out and cut with cutters instead of rolling into a log and cutting slices. If you want to roll it out, dust your surface with additional cocoa powder (in place of flour).

I used dark chocolate cocoa powder and these are wonderful just as they are. Hoping to get a multi-chocolatey taste when used for a crust with the cheesecake.

I used a filet knife to get the cookies sliced extra thin so they'll crumble better.

The dough for this cookie is really dense, looked sort of like a big mud ball when it was all mixed up. Sure made me thankful I have a KA mixer and didn't have to do the mixing by hand!

These are the chocolate wafers I made for the chocolate cheesecake going to whip up today. I've never made a cheesecake before, wish me luck!

CHOCOLATE COOKIE WAFERS
1 C sugar
1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C cocoa powder

Line baking sheets with parchment.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together sugar, butter, salt & baking powder.
Beat in egg & vanilla.
Beat in flour and cocoa.
Roll dough into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour or longer.
Cut into 1/8" slices.
Bake 10 minutes...watch carefully, these will burn quickly.

This dough can be rolled out and cut with cutters instead of rolling into a log and cutting slices. If you want to roll it out, dust your surface with additional cocoa powder (in place of flour).

I used dark chocolate cocoa powder and these are wonderful just as they are. Hoping to get a multi-chocolatey taste when used for a crust with the cheesecake.

I used a filet knife to get the cookies sliced extra thin so they'll crumble better.

The dough for this cookie is really dense, looked sort of like a big mud ball when it was all mixed up. Sure made me thankful I have a KA mixer and didn't have to do the mixing by hand!

Please post pictures of the cookies and cheese cake!

Please post pictures of the cookies and cheese cake!

droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom