Anyone Collect Antiques? (Pics)

Although it's a beautiful collection, it looks like a dusting NIGHTMARE to me

You'd think so, but really not so bad. You can see the edge of a TV in the kitchen. About once a year while a movie is on, I pull it down and wash. In my damp Seattle climate more of an issue with cobwebs rather than dust.

I sell antiques and collect junk.

UMMM! Think you're doing something backwards there?
big_smile.png

Imp- hates dusting- see picture below.

Just a gratuitous picture of my mom's sewing machine. She bought it for herself as a newlywed in 1960, at the San Jose Flea Market. Dad thinks she paid $10.

15498_img_0109.jpg

Do I spot Hobnail Glass? My mother would be in Heaven!
lol.png
I found the cutest little red, ribbon-top Hobnail vase at a flea market for her, i think I paid $1 for it... it's one of her favorite pieces.

Quote:

O wow, that leaf one is to die for

The leaf is one of the new ones. I got it at the outlet mall about 8 years ago.

Imp​

I love antiques!

I have those candlebra floor lamps, the ones that lights on the bottom and some have marble feet or iron feet. Once in a while I find them in flea markets or junk store and hubby would rewire them because the wires are so brittle and not up to code. However I do have some of the parts of the lamp that I have no use for but wanting to find some buyers for the center piece which the BIG light bulb with glass shield was taken out and replaced with light bulb structures (light bulb sockets?). There is NO way you can find those huge screw light bulbs unless you got those huge floodlights LOL!

I have my great grandma's steamer trunk that Mom painted over it which that was a mistake and she wall papered it, another mistake but it used to belong to ggrandma. Nope, I am not selling it (it would not sell at all because of the paint and wall paper, the value deprecated) but more for family heritage. I have all of my baby stuff in there, as well as my daughter's baby things. Once in a while I will open it to see anything will fall apart or get moths (has not happened yet).

I collect Kembrook Dairy Bottles, my father, grandfather and great grandfather worked there in the 40-50's until the business closed around the late 70's?

Hubby likes to collect musical instruments and ship or miner items. He really like the model ships.

I have collected hens in nest, salt holders and decided to sell them now. Not sure how much they will go for but they do not sell well on Ebay. I paid anywhere from five to ten dollars for the small ones.

Last edited:
Quote:
EweSheep, if you ever get one of those floor lamps or bridge lamps that are in good shape and you don't want to rewire it, I have several cases of the big base bulbs, new old stock. I'd be happy to send you a few.
big_smile.png

Thank you! Too many of those wires are brittle or have been chewn by mice or puppies.

As for the lighted bottom base, it is a challenge not to get the bulb busted.

Quote:
EweSheep, if you ever get one of those floor lamps or bridge lamps that are in good shape and you don't want to rewire it, I have several cases of the big base bulbs, new old stock. I'd be happy to send you a few.
big_smile.png

Thank you! Too many of those wires are brittle or have been chewn by mice or puppies.

As for the lighted bottom base, it is a challenge not to get the bulb busted.

I know what you mean. We sell several a month. If they are going in the auction we rewire and replace the old socket with modern parts, but if we are putting it in the store we rewire but use the original light sockets and solder the new wires, light sockets and switches.

Back
Top Bottom