Are these Malaysian or American seramas?

Oldegarlicshnapp

Songster
May 11, 2020
I’m kind of rusty on determining what these are since I’ve seen such extreme Malaysians lol.
The females don’t have this chest though, so those looks like the Americans I have. Maybe they’re a mix? I’ve seen Malaysian females genetically inclined for the puffed posture.
I guess it could be trained American males. Although I trained American roos before and they didn’t go this far.
BE049905-075B-4828-9626-B4F21FC65CC4.jpeg
FBCF9447-E067-4880-ADC4-A30C9E17802F.jpeg

The males definitely don't look like the American types. That being said, the females do, although I'm not a serama expert by any means. It might just be that the hens are lower quality Malaysian

The males appear to be Malaysian. Females seem to be American. Have you asked the breeder?
Yes but it’s one of the common cases where the breeder doesn’t know what they have. This one doesn’t understand the question. So I thought someone here may recognize something, but I think they’re mixed if anything

Yes but it’s one of the common cases where the breeder doesn’t know what they have. This one doesn’t understand the question. So I thought someone here may recognize something, but I think they’re mixed if anything
I'd hazard they are mixed. What are your breeding goals for your program? I just like having toy chickens. No need to stand dumb. lol So I focus on the American variety.

I'd hazard they are mixed.
Me too. Or I think he had started off w Americans as they’re easier to get, then must’ve bought some Malaysian males. So either they’re separate in that way- or mixed, I dunno!
What are your breeding goals for your program?
I’d like to have Americans and Malaysians with clean genetics in separate coops. I would have to get buddy-buddy with a community to keep the genetic line diverse.

Back
Top Bottom