Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know, the USDA regularly monitors forums like this, and the fine and penalty for smuggling hatching eggs is up to $250,000 and 5 years in prison for any individual.

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
OMG! I saw that on ebay yesterday I think. My immediate thought was "scam" -  I hope I was wrong :/ I am always leery of brand new sellers with zero feedback who suddenly appear with a really rare/expensive offering - especially one that might just happen to "not hatch".

You are correct, this was a scam! The seller was using stolen pictures and claiming the birds as his own. He had several Orpington auctions using stolen pictures from reputable breeders. EBay promptly removed all of his auctions but for some reason left his Cemani auction up. This guy has scammed from several different usernames that can all be traced to the same person. EBay is now aware of this scammer, so hopefully they will put an end to it.

I personally would not wait to file, but start a discussion with the seller immediately. I would ask a lot of questions. Tell him that you have been advised by another A.C. breeder that you should ask for original photos - not internet stolen ones - of the actual breeding stock - the supposed "flock". Ask who he acquired the flock from since the aren't even really available in the US. Ask to see the import paperwork. Ask for photos of the actual eggs. Ask what type of feeding protocol he uses, what kind of bedding, how many birds, what size coop. If he can't provide any of this I would immediately file a complaint that you suspect fraud and want to cancel the order for a full refund.

Toni Marie relisted on ebay right after the first batch closed. It has been less than 24 hours and it is already at $600. Talk about winning the lottery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom