California - Northern

So the day before yesterday we got a surprise egg from Olive our OE. The next day they were back to normal.

Normal size versus crazy small egg

On a more normal normal note, we got our third egg! I believe the is our golden laced wyandotte.

from left to right- Brahma egg, OE egg, Wyandotte egg.

Nice looking eggs! Once Ellie and Hershey start laying you are going to have a beautiful combo of colors in your egg basket
big_smile.png

Nice looking eggs! Once Ellie and Hershey start laying you are going to have a beautiful combo of colors in your egg basket
big_smile.png
X2. Nikon, your crazy little egg makes me smile. Our second ever egg was larger than the subsequent ones and it proved to be a double yolk when I cracked them for lunch today
droolin.gif
. Bantam eggs are small but they definitely taste great. I can't wait until Inga and Tilly get their acts together and start laying. Our egg basket should eventually be white, light brown, and blue.

X2. Nikon, your crazy little egg makes me smile. Our second ever egg was larger than the subsequent ones and it proved to be a double yolk when I cracked them for lunch today
droolin.gif
. Bantam eggs are small but they definitely taste great. I can't wait until Inga and Tilly get their acts together and start laying. Our egg basket should eventually be white, light brown, and blue.

Very Nice!

grinning-smiley-003.gif

I would check the Marans Club for a draft standard for the Blue Copper Marans. The color on the neck will likely not be the same as for a FBCM.

OK that makes me crazy! Since BBS is the same gene pool and blues breed all 3 colors having it not the same is madness! Are you supposed to just cull the blacks and splashed that come from blue/ blue breeding or breed a fcbm with odd colors to a splash and hope for the best??

We chicken people are crazy!

I could be wrong, but I think Black Copper is the only accepted variety in the SOP. I don't believe blues have been accepted yet.

Thank you Happy Chooks. I didn't think of that may be why I couldn't find one on them.I read the Black Copper and the Wheaten are the only accepted varieties in the APA. But with many breeders out there, there should be a standard to breed Blues to. More searching I guess :)

No, the qualifier for white is this year, but hasn't happened yet.

Showgirls are going for qualifation this year too! In Tennessee I think?? Somewhere too far for me To go.

droolin.gif

Wow, that large one is BIG! I like the creamy color of the shells.

I knew that some pullets' first eggs could be super tiny, but I've not heard of one laying regulary for a month and then popping out a bantam size egg when she's a large fowl. Was so cute though!

Nikon - it's called a fart egg. A whoopsie in the egg factory. They usually don't have a yolk, though I got one that was yolk only (no white). I keep mine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom