California-Southern

Will you be able to let the girls out in the yard from time to time to destroy the yard?
Chickens are the BOMB!
yesss.gif
thumbsup.gif
Ha, that's the perfect way to put it. My husband would say that our yard looks like a bomb went off after they've been tearing it up for a few days.
tongue.png

Thanks!  Do you think the perch bar is set high enough?  Yea they get out in the yard once every week or so; once I get the chance to clip their wings i'll be more comfortable letting them out more often.

Hi Raskal, I just thought about something else.....the perches are high enuf but in the summer it will be too hot for them to sleep inside the coop...You might want to make a "screendoor" to replace the solid door for the summer....also it would be nice for the girls to have perches outside....thye like to do that during the day too...even a clay flower pot will do...:thumbsup

Hi Raskal, I just thought about something else.....the perches are high enuf but in the summer it will be too hot for them to sleep inside the coop...You might want to make a "screendoor" to replace the solid door for the summer....also it would be nice for the girls to have perches outside....thye like to do that during the day too...even a clay flower pot will do...
thumbsup.gif
Actually I'm planning on putting in windows this weekend.

Hi all, I'm Kevin from Orange County. Just finished the coop this past weekend and I have 5 six month old hens and found our first egg yesterday!!!

Anyway, here is the coop/run; any advance on how it could be made better would be great.

Well build coop, Kevin. Congratulations on the first egg!
clap.gif
I know the excitement of founding the very first egg. If you going to let you chickens free range in the back yard later, they have plenty of space. It would be nice for them to have screened window on the wall for more ventilation in hot summer days so. Enjoy all the chicken fun now!

Hi Raskal, I just thought about something else.....the perches are high enuf but in the summer it will be too hot for them to sleep inside the coop...You might want to make a "screendoor" to replace the solid door for the summer....also it would be nice for the girls to have perches outside....thye like to do that during the day too...even a clay flower pot will do...:thumbsup

Ohh and i did.have a.perch outside but i removed it to force them in to the coop.

Well build coop, Kevin. Congratulations on the first egg!:clap  I know the excitement of founding the very first egg. If you going to let you chickens free range in the back yard later, they have plenty of space. It would be nice for them to have screened window on the wall for more ventilation in hot summer days so. Enjoy all the chicken fun now!

Thanks! Planning on putting in two windows this weekend.

Thanks! Planning on putting in two windows this weekend.

That will solve the "not wanting to go into the coop" problem then.....but when it is really a hot night they all might decide to sleep "under the stars" anyway.
I bet that first egg was SO EXCITING! I remember when I got my 1st one...its like....OHMYGAWD a miracle.... they really DO lay eggs?!?!?!
:love

I would say MaYbe a month, definitely no older and looks like a rid pulley to me. That's what my rir looked like at that age. I would post pics of her now, but my dog killed her yesterday:(. Definitely nneeds a buddy though

Back
Top Bottom