Chicken Breed Focus - Campine

Pics
Hey, now!

:lau

Sharol, I only wanted more Campine breeders, I didn't tell you to put all those other eggs in there, although having empty egg cups in a running incubator does seem a waste.... and more eggs does help stabilize the temperature and that improves the chances for more to hatch, and BTW, 1Kluckychick, when are y'all going to get that Sportsman?  Enabler?  Guilty as charged! 

We are hoping too in May.

Hi Everyone! I was wondering if anybody can confirm my chicks are in fact campines? I ordered silver lakenvelders from Ideal, one chick arrived dead and these were the others. The dead one looked like the lakenvelder chick pictures. After some researching, my friend and I came to the assumption they are campines (wether silver or golden is still up for debate, lol). If they are, can anyone tell me why the 2 with less pattern on their heads are feathing in more quickly than the 2 with a lot of pattering? Thanks in advance! :-D

Just a quick update to my Campine quest. @Wisher1000 (aka "the enabler") sent me eggs (half way across the country) about 11 days ago. I did my 10 day candle yesterday, and 15 of the 20 eggs are developing. Of the 5 that aren't, 3 had air cell issues on arrival and 1 wasn't fertile. Boy howdy does she know how to pack eggs. I used 15 of my own eggs as filler, and only about half of them are developing (the pullet English Orps just aren't fertile yet).

I won't be candling again until next Wednesday when I take out the turner.

Not fiddling with the eggs is killing me in pieces. However, these are too important to risk to my curiosity. I really want a breeding quad of them.

Hi Everyone! I was wondering if anybody can confirm my chicks are in fact campines? I ordered silver lakenvelders from Ideal, one chick arrived dead and these were the others. The dead one looked like the lakenvelder chick pictures. After some researching, my friend and I came to the assumption they are campines (wether silver or golden is still up for debate, lol). If they are, can anyone tell me why the 2 with less pattern on their heads are feathing in more quickly than the 2 with a lot of pattering? Thanks in advance! :-D

The do look like Campines, and probably are, but they could be Fayoumi or Brakels. I really can't see what I need to see to make an educated guess, but my gut feeling is that the two in the front facing left are males.

My Campine eggs from @Wisher1000 are pipping (a day early). Of the 15 Campine eggs in the incubator 7 have pipped. One is in the process of zipping.

Updates will come tomorrow. Maybe with pictures.

fingers crossed

My Campine eggs from @Wisher1000 are pipping (a day early). Of the 15 Campine eggs in the incubator 7 have pipped. One is in the process of zipping.

Updates will come tomorrow. Maybe with pictures.

fingers crossed

Wisher is awesome.

But she is partly to blame for our 7 coops/runs and 4 brooders....and our incubation addiction

Wisher is awesome.

But she is partly to blame for our 7 coops/runs and 4 brooders....and our incubation addiction
yuckyuck.gif

Yes, she is an enabler, no question. I have a friend here in kansas @Chicken Danz who is an enabler, too. Either that or she wants everyone to love chickens as much as she does.

:yuckyuck

Yes, she is an enabler, no question.  I have a friend here in kansas @Chicken Danz who is an enabler, too.  Either that or she wants everyone to love chickens as much as she does.

Lol. My husband and I catch ourselves "enabling" others quite often lately. We have more pics of chickens than pics of our children

I'm a terrible enabler...financially responsible for 11 of my brother's 19 chickens and "socially" responsible for 3 of them (my best chicken friend gave him those). Been trying to get my mom and in-laws to start flocks of their own, but thus far, I've been unsuccessful. Still, I soldier on, enabling however and whenever I possibly can.

Back
Top Bottom