Chix Pix! Day Old Babies!!!

Those are the cutest chicks! I'm dying here waiting for my little peepers. The feed store said they'd be here the 20th! I must say I'm a bit jealous. I really wanted to get Welsummers this year, but it just wasn't in the cards. I may place another chick order soon though - once zoning approves my coop plans. Silkies and welsummers on the list...

Congrats!
Terry

I think "grogel" is "Gro-Gel". It's a powder that turns jello-like when you add water. It's good for baby chicks to eat in their first couple days. Weird looking, but good to have.

PS: Congrats Stacey & Olivia, on your newest girls. They are lucky to be in your home!

Last edited:
Quote:
That's us! I was so excited! Never owned chickens before. Can't wait til my daughters come home from school. I've been sitting watching these chickies since we got them.

I'm going to be a nervous Mama: why is she breathing fast? why are they pecking? is it too cold?........

Wish us luck!!
Alisa

Congratulations and welcome to the insanity - I mean 'joy' of raising babies! LOL

As for the color of your EE's, look at their wing tips. They may have enough feathers for you to see their color. Mine are not quite a week old and their wing feathers have grown enough to easily see what color they are going to be.

Alisa, I love that you already have a picture of one of the chicks for your avatar (looks like the SLW?) and your girls aren't even home from school yet!!! They are pretty addictive, huh???

Olivia is home and I am certain she won't be doing anything but chick-watching till bedtime!

Stacey

Hi it's Olivia!
Okay, we named the chickies. Here are their portrait pics and names:

Beatrix:
Beatrix

Ophelia:
Ophelia

Lillith (my fave):
Lillith

Fatima (a little crier):
Fatima

Ida:
Valentina

Valentina (who at the moment thinks that everyone's toes are worms):
Ida

EDITED TO SAY: RIP Vallie

Valentina is being a little brat and trying to eat all the other's toes! What do we do???

Last edited:
dreamgirl, yes, there are clean stones and marbles in the waterer to keep them from falling alseep and drowning in it. We'll remove them next week.

LisaJean, thanks on the Gro-Gel... I thought that is what it was!

Back
Top Bottom