Countdown to the first egg. Buckle up, it could be awhile....

Pics
Day 19 - NOTHING! Not a thing.

My husband did finally secure the oyster shell dish and the grit dish to the coop. The ladies were kicking them over almost daily and driving me insane!
So there’s that, I guess.
4E792D2B-8CF4-4E43-9207-D1CB4AC32411.jpeg

Day 20.

The ladies turned 21 weeks old today. Did they lay an egg in celebration? No, they did not.

They have been staying outside so much more now that it’s pretty chilly out. We connected their normal run to the garden so they can tear that up for us a little bit. Notice the cuddle puddle in the far left corner- those are my Brahmas
FF2BCA23-3539-445B-9DC2-947AC716ECAA.jpeg

I expect my first egg to be laid over there instead of a nesting box, but what do I know:confused:

Day 20.

The ladies turned 21 weeks old today. Did they lay an egg in celebration? No, they did not.

They have been staying outside so much more now that it’s pretty chilly out. We connected their normal run to the garden so they can tear that up for us a little bit. Notice the cuddle puddle in the far left corner- those are my Brahmas
View attachment 2388559
I expect my first egg to be laid over there instead of a nesting box, but what do I know:confused:
Very nice scene. :)

i absolutely loved reading your posts about your girls! they are so very pretty. i have three girls and one has laid so far, have gotten an egg daily for the past 10 days! i’ve actually watched her lay a couple of them, it’s quite neat. i’m still waiting on the other two girls to lay, their faces are getting quite red. they are around 24 weeks now i believe? the waiting game feels so long

i absolutely loved reading your posts about your girls! they are so very pretty. i have three girls and one has laid so far, have gotten an egg daily for the past 10 days! i’ve actually watched her lay a couple of them, it’s quite neat. i’m still waiting on the other two girls to lay, their faces are getting quite red. they are around 24 weeks now i believe? the waiting game feels so long
You’re so sweet! I can’t wait! An egg a day is GREAT! what kind of chickens do you have? I love pictures:D:D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom