Creating the Corvalla! A chicken that looks like a crow

Yikes! No I wouldn’t want to have to need surgery on an entire breed or flock, I’d rather start with something small like a pea comb and see if we can go from there.
While ayam cemani’s have the melanism, I think they really don’t fit for much of anything else you want. They price isn’t a plus either, that’s why I didn’t suggest them in the first place. While I still think just using Sumatras will work, and that the temperament probably won’t even matter unless you get a rooster.

For the most part though, they look the exact same and are like 10x cheeper. Plus roosters aren’t the main focus, so whether or not they look like a crow doesn’t matter much.
I think their point was that the black skin is important, which it is. 😉
While ayam cemani’s have the melanism, I think they really don’t fit for much of anything else you want. They price isn’t a plus either, that’s why I didn’t suggest them in the first place. While I still think just using Sumatras will work, and that the temperament probably won’t even matter unless you get a rooster.
That’s why they weren’t listed in the breeds I intend on using. 😉😁 I have Ayam Cemani already and thought exactly that. Too big, body isn’t right, upright tail and single comb are all a nope.

I think their point was that the black skin is important, which it is. 😉
It’s only in roosters that they might not have black skin. Hens have complete melanism. This is one of my Sumatra hens, and in this picture plus the ones I sent earlier, you can see their face is completely black.
CD891174-B5D9-49B6-AFD4-A7A9A61CECF5.jpeg

I'm looking to use my BJG has my foundation for size. I'm not so much concerned with how much it looks like crow or other bird, but just that it's big, and natural colored, camouflaged.
You’d be surprised how well BLRWs and Dark Brahmas can camouflage!! Or really anything with brown/red/buff/gold base and lacing or penciling. But the tricolors are still pretty!

Back
Top Bottom