Creating the Corvalla! A chicken that looks like a crow

They are still considered gamefowl, but so are OEGB. Asils will fight to the death from a week old (so I've heard, my asil thia mixes fought that young but they would still run) Maylay males can be housed together permanently. As you do with yours.
Well, their original purpose, before a slight change doesn't necessarily remove it from a certain category/Classification really.

Malays original purpose: Cockfight, Meat, & Racing(Just discovered the racing history on another livestock conservancy page) they're a multi purpose breed.

I'm planning on helping with raising the US population of Malays, which is falling.

I'm learning as much as I can about this breed, including from those in India on YouTube.

I agree with everything you have said about their history, but what I am talking about is currant Malays. They are not game, despite their being classified as gamefowl. Malays were at some point asils (as were all oriental gamefowl.) But like dogs are to wolves they are far removed from that now. A large German shepherd or husky looks a lot like a wolf, but they are not wolves even though they were thousands of years ago. A Malay has the looks, just like my German shepherd example. But they are not game.

I agree with everything you have said about their history, but what I am talking about is currant Malays. They are not game, despite their being classified as gamefowl. Malays were at some point asils (as were all oriental gamefowl.) But like dogs are to wolves they are far removed from that now. A large German shepherd or husky looks a lot like a wolf, but they are not wolves even though they were thousands of years ago. A Malay has the looks, just like my German shepherd example. But they are not game.
I found a breeder of Asils, that keeps 3 cocks to multiple hens(Only one I found so far), so it doesn't really matter. Planning on getting some to cross to the Malays to help with genetic diversity.

Apparently my Malays do come from fighting lines, since the breeder told me the males would start fighting between 6, & 9 months, & would need to be separated. But mine hasn't thankfully, which helps with my set up. They're quite the bossy type though.

Yeah, I am just getting into orientals. So my knowledge is limited. But like Malays there are some pretty passive lines of asils. A quality most breeders breed out. The difference is Malay breeders (the ones I have been made aware of) breed for more body type, and less attitude. But we can continue this in a PM. If you are really interested PM me. But if not I understand... This is not a life or death issue.:D

Yeah, I am just getting into orientals. So my knowledge is limited. But like Malays there are some pretty passive lines of asils. A quality most breeders breed out. The difference is Malay breeders (the ones I have been made aware of) breed for more body type, and less attitude. But we can continue this in a PM. If you are really interested PM me. But if not I understand... This is not a life or death issue.:D
I may PM you later, I'll be leaving to care for the birds really soon.

Back
Top Bottom