CROCHET BABY AFGHAN SHOWER PROJECT signups NOW OPEN & On Going

Ok got some colors Picked out

I feel the colors should Change for a more neutral or Earth Tones. And use a cream color for the sc for joining the squares. Like these http://www.caron.com/color_cards/cc_sseco.html Baby Blush, . Sprig and Peachy for these next girly type babyghans
I did to find the size as it was not in the pattern I used a size J hook some have used an F and some G. 3 1/2 inches is the square with a total of 72 squares for the entire afghan.
That means there will be
16 combo colored squares with Baby Blush as center cluster. then Sprig followed by Peachey
24 squares solid of one
20 of one color
12 of another

What do ya think???

Karan
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
wee.gif

Last edited:
I've never bought any of that yarn but it really is pretty!! Next time I'm in Michaels I'll grab a few skiens, can't promise when that'll be be but I will put it on the list
smile.png

I've never bought any of that yarn but it really is pretty!! Next time I'm in Michaels I'll grab a few skiens, can't promise when that'll be be but I will put it on the list
smile.png

Karan, my computer often gets "hung" on this thread and has a terrible time loading, I wonder if there are too many graphics on a page to load quickly, it happens so often I rarely post on this thread..anyone else have that trouble or it a thing with my old computer? If it's just me, forget it, if not, maybe there are too many graphics in that long post you redo so often, maybe it can go in the first post only? I dunno, see if anyone else has problems with it and if not, I'll pm you instead of having to restart my internet over and over on this thread. My computer is at least 6 or 7 years old...in computer worlds that's ready for the nursing home I think!

Quote:
SE, I have that same problem sometimes, mostly on my ancient laptop at home. This page doesn't take nearly as long to load as the Mascot thread, though.
As for the new colors, they are beautiful! And, Karan, you know you can count on me to assemble anytime you need me to. I still have Okie's at home - trying to get a surprise done to put in with it. I just have to finish stuffing & sewing it together! (Shhh... don't tell Okie!)

Miz Karan...if you need any more squares like I've already sent (color-wise) to help complete a layout, let me know.

It's good that you've listed the color combo amounts needed for each babyghan. My hooks tend to have a mind of their own when it comes to color selection & how many of each they feel like completing...a little discipline will do 'em good.

Is it okay to keep making squares out of my baby leftovers, or do we need to go out & buy the special Caron colors?

Also, in your observations, what is the most economical method & # of squares to mail at a time? K

Kgee I just got your package today
clap.gif

Thank you I have some squares with the same yarn colors
celebrate.gif
This will help me layout another ghan for a future Baby
woot.gif

Your squares look GREAT
love.gif
thumbsup.gif

Do ya think you could make booties?, Using the colors you have? I Have no more Girly Baby booties. Or even hats???? Either would be great
yippiechickie.gif

Thank you so very much for all your work
hugs.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Karan
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

PS You don't have to make the full amount of squares needed for the ghans what ever you feel comfortable with is great
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Hi everyone!! I had a MAJOR computer breakdown at my house and I couldn't come on here for about a month and a half.
barnie.gif
I'm gonna mail my squares tomorrow...if it doesn't rain again.

I actually have 2 pairs of those cross-strap slippers (1pr pink, 1pr blue) (Crochet Today March/April '09) that I meant to include in the latest package. They're pretty girlie & pretty cute. How soon do you need them? If you need some boysies...do ya have a good pattern? K

Oh Thank You so much Kgee
ya.gif
are those the ones that look like Mary Janes??? I have tried to make the Mary Jane types and I just can't seem to get them right
idunno.gif

Thank You again
hugs.gif

Karan
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom