Unfortunately, I was unable to keep them. Someone came by and saw them and bought every single one I had, I sold the chicks at $20/ea. I didn't want to sell them so I priced them high, but he went for it. I'm not exactly sure on the production. But I will have more time AC next month, I'm getting ready to place in incubator. I'll have legbars, sweedish flower, and AC. But I'm def. Going to try the cross again because the white with black skin is so awesome! It's like a white silkie, but not a silkie and hopefully will lay better!

Unfortunately, I was unable to keep them. Someone came by and saw them and bought every single one I had, I sold the chicks at $20/ea. I didn't want to sell them so I priced them high, but he went for it. I'm not exactly sure on the production. But I will have more time AC next month, I'm getting ready to place in incubator. I'll have legbars, sweedish flower, and AC. But I'm def. Going to try the cross again because the white with black skin is so awesome! It's like a white silkie, but not a silkie and hopefully will lay better!
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you tell the buyer that they weren't for sale?

I can’t wait to see more! I am crossing one of my Cemani roo to a black Silkie and white Silkie because they are fibro, a blue Easter Egger to see the feathers and eggs, and a silver laced Cochin with hopes of fluff of Cochin with fribro Cemani traits. :)

I cross mine with meat birds currently. Using an Ayam Cemani male the female offspring keep the all black traits (with leakage in the feathers) and the males don't. I plan to cross the Male Ayam Cemani with his half meat bird daughters and using a male from that to keep crossing with my meat hens. Eventually I want to make a decent meat bird with black meat. I will be crossing other breeds with my extra roosters. Likely my Japanese Grey Bantam hen (who is caring for a brood currently) will be the next. I may even start crossing with Columbia or Delaware patterns Just because I believe that would make a great pattern with the Fibro trait.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/crossing-my-red-ranger-hens.1281099/

The link is to my Red Ranger crossings which includes Ayam Cemani. Pictures of my Japanese Grey Bantam hen is in there as well as she is brooding a couple of meat birds who tower over her now.
Hi I realize it's 2020 now, but if anyone is still following this feed, what would a Cemani roo cross of a Barred rock he look like? Would the female offspring still have the black skin and flesh? And would the same be for a solid black he such as an Australorp or Langshan hen? I'm luck enough to have a full Cemani roo and Barred Rock hens. Thanks.
Langshan

I can’t wait to see more! I am crossing one of my Cemani roo to a black Silkie and white Silkie because they are fibro, a blue Easter Egger to see the feathers and eggs, and a silver laced Cochin with hopes of fluff of Cochin with fribro Cemani traits. :)

What is "fibro?" I'm still learning. I bought an adult male Cemani roo last year have not yet crossed him.

Hi I realize it's 2020 now, but if anyone is still following this feed, what would a Cemani roo cross of a Barred rock he look like? Would the female offspring still have the black skin and flesh? And would the same be for a solid black he such as an Australorp or Langshan hen? I'm luck enough to have a full Cemani roo and Barred Rock hens. Thanks.
Langshan
If the Male is a Cemani and the female has another skin color, the females will be all black and the males will have the skin traits of the mother, Although I never crossed with a barred rock the females might be solid black feathering. The Males will have a sloppy barring pattern.

I've got a 2 month old "Silkie Cemani" - father a WHITE Silkie, mother a pure Ayam Cemani. Was hoping for an Ayam with silkie feathers, this little chick looks pretty much the same as my pure Ayam chicks, except for the little tuft on top of the head & the extra toe. Sold hatching eggs to a friend, he got one too except his chick has some white dots peppering the plumage.
101_0210.JPG

I've got a 2 month old "Silkie Cemani" - father a WHITE Silkie, mother a pure Ayam Cemani. Was hoping for an Ayam with silkie feathers, this little chick looks pretty much the same as my pure Ayam chicks, except for the little tuft on top of the head & the extra toe. Sold hatching eggs to a friend, he got one too except his chick has some white dots peppering the plumage. View attachment 2346540
See! As I stated many times, "Black Lives Matter" :D

Back
Top Bottom