Dental question.... how much for a cleaning????

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
I know demographics are a biggie, but just want to know an average of some sort.

I went for a cleaning at a new dentist ( my teeth are in pretty good shape.....I had 2 root canals that were done by a previous dentist less then 10 yrs ago but lost those crowns within that time
hide.gif
life happened and cancer was there too. So now I'm catching up. ....OK they're no good now. I know that. So..........my initial visit with the new dentist was fine and the charges seemed reasonable to me. x-rays & consultation added up to almost 2 hrs. Total bill $250. No problem. (NO dental Ins. BTW)

I went for a cleaning which I hadn't had done in a few years (5+ to 10 yrs) !!! By the same dentist today to get the ball rolling on the stuff I need done, the bill was $264.00. Is this normal??? I go back in 6 mos. should it be the same amount??? I can't do that. Maybe I can work with them???

I'm having those 2 root canal teeth pulled (because of crowns lost etc -my fault) THEN.....get rid of the amalgams and replace with the white stuff, which I do want done.....only a couple of those....

what's an average price in your area????? Just trying to justify things.
hu.gif

I just had fillings done, four teeth on each side - total cost not including what my health fund paid was about $1800.
My dentist tells me that to get a root canal done, it's $1000 a tooth. I'm glad I didn't have to get any of those!
ep.gif

I'm going for a cleaning in a couple of weeks' time, so I might be able to tell you the price for that then if ya still want.
caf.gif

Quote:
Yeah I agree, for a deep cleaning after some years.

I pay for 1 extra cleaning visit per year, out of pocket. Costs me just over $100.

Imp

This thread reminds me i need to make an appt with the dentist whil i still have dental ins...
hide.gif

I hate to go though...
hit.gif

Ok now I feel better about it.
smile.png
Thanks guys. I go on Jan 2 to get a tooth pulled
hide.gif

Red - do it now! Especially if you have Ins!
old.gif

Quote:
I know Mizz Luna.. i need to just get it done... *sigh*

Good luck on Jan 2nd!
fl.gif
hugs.gif
Ask for some good pain meds..
tongue.png

Quote:
I know Mizz Luna.. i need to just get it done... *sigh*

Good luck on Jan 2nd!
fl.gif
hugs.gif
Ask for some good pain meds..
tongue.png

You can do it red, I just got my notice in the mail, time for an appt.

We'll do it together.
5.gif

Quote:
You can do it red, I just got my notice in the mail, time for an appt.

We'll do it together. http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/5.gif

thumbsup.gif

Maybe we could put a couple of the chairs together, and hold hands. Unfortunately the conversation would go like:

"uh"
"uh uh"
"uh uh uh"
"uh"
"uh uh"
"uh "
"uh uh uh"
etc

Back
Top Bottom