Dog killed my chickens, I killed the dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
That poor poor dog owner that is so sad how could you do that to a dog u terrible person. I LOVE my chickens if a dog was attacking mine I would just grab his collar and put him in the c and take him to my neighbors house. I feel so bad for those dog owners. Ifsomeone did that to my dog/s I would be SO MAD. My dogs are all good with chickens though. All my neighbors have chickens so their dogs are fine. I would be SO MAD if a dog killed my chickens but I still would NEVER have the heart to a terrible thing such as killling a dog. Could anyone really look a dog in the eyes and kill it?

That was the best thing to do you cant have something thats going to damage your flock

That poor poor dog owner that is so sad how could you do that to a dog u terrible person. I LOVE my chickens if a dog was attacking mine I would just grab his collar and put him in the c and take him to my neighbors house. I feel so bad for those dog owners. Ifsomeone did that to my dog/s I would be SO MAD. My dogs are all good with chickens though. All my neighbors have chickens so their dogs are fine. I would be SO MAD if a dog killed my chickens but I still would NEVER have the heart to a terrible thing such as killling a dog. Could anyone really look a dog in the eyes and kill it?

Unfortunately most people aren't going to go grab a collar of an unknown dog, especially when it's amped up on a killing spree. If owners loved their dogs, they'd keep them confined to their own property and not subject them to hazards like getting hit by cars, getting lost, or getting shot. There are many people that earn a living by animal farming and if something is going to torment and kill their way of earning an income, yes they have the right to destroy that opposing animal. A good and friendly housedog is no longer a good and friendly house dog when it's savaging another's property. The dog owners can be angry all they want but the law and courts are going to side on the owner of the chickens. I love all types of animals and I also have two small children. But if some unknown animal struts onto my property and shows any amount of aggression, I take that as a threat to my animals and especially my children...and you don't threaten mama firefighter chick.

Last edited:
NEVER under any circumstances should anyone grab the collar of a strange dog, especially one in the process of increased andrenaline killing spree!! That is never, ever advisable.

I won't take a chance on being bitten. Even usually friendly dogs can snap at someone they don't know grabbing their collar and I will not put myself in danger along with my chickens. And, dogs when packing up with other dogs, have behavioral changes and become completely different animals than they are alone. They are extremely dangerous. Anyone living in the country and having seem roaming packs of "pet" dogs knows this.

Last edited:
Roostersandhens, I know where a dog is that is a dog and chicken killer. He's friendly when he's not busy killing someone else's pet and he's under a year old so plenty of pet killing years left in this one. Can I bring it to your house for you to keep as a pet? If it kills your dog and chickens you can't do anything but love on him. No rehoming. He's yours forever. You would be a terrible person if you did not keep and love this dog. B/c dogs will be dogs and should never ever be destroyed, right? Now what's your address so I can deliver this bundle of murderous love to you.

And he doesn't have a bad owner. The dog is just a POS on its own accord.

I don't think the predator and pests forum is for you. You can't post on everyone's thread that they are a terrible person for shooting a PREDATOR or nuissance animal. Unless you are 100% vegan raising your own veggies you are an accomplance in the death of animals that pass through a slaughterhouse every time you go grocery shopping. So you are an animal killer too even if its not by your own hand. Oh and let's think about all those dogs you didn't adopt from the kill shelter. Poor poor souls.

Roostersandhens, I know where a dog is that is a dog and chicken killer. He's friendly when he's not busy killing someone else's pet and he's under a year old so plenty of pet killing years left in this one. Can I bring it to your house for you to keep as a pet? If it kills your dog and chickens you can't do anything but love on him. No rehoming. He's yours forever. You would be a terrible person if you did not keep and love this dog. B/c dogs will be dogs and should never ever be destroyed, right? Now what's your address so I can deliver this bundle of murderous love to you.

And he doesn't have a bad owner. The dog is just a POS on its own accord.

I don't think the predator and pests forum is for you. You can't post on everyone's thread that they are a terrible person for shooting a PREDATOR or nuissance animal. Unless you are 100% vegan raising your own veggies you are an accomplance in the death of animals that pass through a slaughterhouse every time you go grocery shopping. So you are an animal killer too even if its not by your own hand. Oh and let's think about all those dogs you didn't adopt from the kill shelter. Poor poor souls.
yesss.gif
Well said. Excellent post!

NEVER under any circumstances should anyone grab the collar of a strange dog, especially one in the process of increased andrenaline killing spree!! That is never, ever advisable.

I won't take a chance on being bitten. Even usually friendly dogs can snap at someone they don't know grabbing their collar and I will not put myself in danger along with my chickens. And, dogs when packing up with other dogs, have behavioral changes and become completely different animals than they are alone. They are extremely dangerous. Anyone living in the country and having seem roaming packs of "pet" dogs knows this.

thumbsup.gif
Great post.

I know how hard it was for you to kill somebody's pet. It is not a thing that makes us happy.
It is terrible that it killed so many at once; there was something wrong with that dog.
I wish I lived closer, I would give you some chickens.
Rebuild and find that happy chicken place.

Under some circumstances, dogs will even be aggressive with people they know well. I can attest to this - I'm an EMT. I had to go to my own mother's house one night with the ambulance. She has a sweet dog that I know well. It stays with me when my folks are gone. That night, I went in first to put the dog in her kennel so the rest of my crew could go in the house, the dog growled at me. A dog that I know, feed and keep on occasion. This is a different situation than one on a killing spree, but it just goes to show that dogs - even ones you know can become aggressive under certain circumstances.

ETA - in defense of the dog, she is timid by nature and was scared and trying to be protective at the same time. There was a bit of commotion, so I understand why she growled. I just wanted to point out that even the friendliest dog can be unpredictable at times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom