She is definitely egg binding. I will look and see if I can find a article about how to prevent egg binding. I have read it can be a genetic gene, but still we do not want this to happen. It must be painful so keep her calm. She does not need to stress cuz it could cause her to get scared and end up breaking the egg inside her.
Okay good at least I’m sure what it is now. She’s gobblinh up oyster shells and drinking lots and she seems to be calm enough. I’ve also turned off the lights as well.

Here is something I found..you do not have to do it. It might help tho. https://www.metzerfarms.com/EggBound.cfm
Also I just read you can put them in a tub of Epsom salt if that helps.
Here is something I found too.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/egg-binding-symptoms-treatment-and-prevention.66978/
Thank you so much I’ll check that all out now and I’ll call my mom and see if she can pick up Epsom salt for me if she’s not busy since I don’t wanna leave Marzi alone

Is her beak hot?

Take her temp under her wing like a human under shoulder, not the best but gets a ballpark, never check temp in vent on bound poultry. 107 thereabouts under wingpit.
Quick question: what does it mean if my ducks bill is hot. My ducks bills are hot all the time.

Ok do not worry about this right now cuz we need to worry about the poor egg bound duck. Keep us updated!!!

Quick question: what does it mean if my ducks bill is hot. My ducks bills are hot all the time.

Ok do not worry about this right now cuz we need to worry about the poor egg bound duck. Keep us updated!!!
Yeah mine are hot a lot too but it’s especially warm now and as are her feet so I’m not sure lol

I have never heard of that before. It might just be what she ate. Do you think the egg inside her broke and it is just yolk?
I’ve heard it happening to others and being incomplete eggs or something but I’m really worried the egg broke bc that could kill her. All she’s eaten today is her normal food and some veggies and mealworms

Back
Top Bottom