Experienced duck owners advice needed

duckymum

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2016
Leicestershire
Hey! My ducks went into boarding for 3 days and the owner said my blue swedwish wasn't eating or drinking so put her by herself in case she was ill and gave her 2 lots of tylan. When i got her back she was unsteady on her feet but after a day she appeared to be happy, back to normal and swimming around.
Since then the drake has started with a respiratory infection, from the same boarding house i believe, so the vets have put him on baytril and im hoping this will cure him, its only been a day so there is no change in him yet but the black and white duck is just standing with her beak between her wings all day. What does this mean?? She is eating a little, drinking some and she does follow the other ducks from time to time but she isn't the way she was. Is she ill or depressed??
Any help at all would be great as ive only ever seen ducks do this when sleeping.
Thank you!!

Any ideas what i should give her to help? Would ACV help or elecrolites? She also hasnt layed since sunday.
It would be best to take her to the vet. If you can't do that, get a scale and weigh her daily. If losing weight, she's sick.

-Kathy

They could also just be really upset from going to boarding and back.
One could hope, that would be the best outcome, but one of three is on Baytril, another was given Tylan, and now the third one is acting sick. Best thing to do is to get a baseline weight and monitor very closely. Maybe she picked up something at the duck sitter, maybe it's nothing.

@duckymum , can you post a picture of her poop?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom