Feeling bad

Monday's momma

In the Brooder
May 10, 2018
I feel terrible every time I mow the lawn I come across this glass lizard who up until today has survived the blades and each time I've seen him he's gotten bigger, I never wanted to hurt this harmless but he was always hidden in the long grass. I think he's big for a glass lizard, what are your thoughts he measures 15 inches.

lizard

Attachments

• 15280379033582135468233.jpg
    15280379033582135468233.jpg
    889.7 KB · Views: 16
I don't know anything about glass lizards, but we have gotten a few of our local lizards with the lawn mower to. My DH always feel very bad about it. It's hard to avoid though. The big crop machines kill lots of wildlife when they mow.

Greetings Monday's momma,

I hear you...all life is so precious.

Some of God's creation live a long life. But, think of creatures that live in isolated places, without the threat of man. Death can come to them suddenly too, as a larger hungry animal decides to make a meal of them.

Such is life, for all living things.

But, I hear you. My heart aches every time I have to save a lizard from the jaws of one of my cats. That little glass lizard's death would have gone unnoticed, if it weren't for your feelings of regret, and maybe even a bit of grief.

That is a beautiful thing, to feel for a fallen creature. You my dear, are a good person.

I never saw a wild thing.jpg

God Bless and peace to you :)

Not my father. When we moved in close to 50 years ago- my mom and I were thrilled to watch a rabbit come to nurse her babies once a day. My father decided to mow the lawn, we had a small wire fence encircling part of the rabbit nest. We were city folks before and thought that would keep cats away. I guess it worked. But my father tore out the little fence and mowed over the nest killing the babies. My mom and I were sick about it.
He didn't care. He always did HIS thing no matter what.

A lizard "skink techically" that size had plenty of time to reproduce, so he/she had offspring. That's good right? Also you've show alot of people a creature they didn't even know exsisted, also wonderful. The fact you feel remorse for such a tiny thing speaks volumes.:)

What an awesome creature!

I hate dead creatures too. But it happens. I try to do the best I can; planting flowers for bees and butterfly's, the edges of the pond are in a way that if a hedhehog falls in he can get out, I leave wood out for hedgehogs to take shelter, the fence has 'hedgehoggates', I leave stuff in a way that it is a good place for bee's to make their hive, etc. I hope that makes the accidental killing of critters a bit okay that way.

I had an arguement with my partner yesterday. We were sitting next to the campfire and suddenly I shreeked; I'm scared for worms and thought I saw a worm. Luckely it was a caterpillar! The caterpillar of a small white. That doofus picks it up and throws it in the fire! :rant
Butterflies are on the verge to be extinct here.. he knows I planted the whole garden with plants that support butterflies..he kinda forgot that catterpillars are butterflies too..sigh.

Back
Top Bottom