~<>~ Fight or Flight ~<>~ (A Wild Chicken Roleplay)

Pics

RoostersAreAwesome

Enabler
6 Years
May 21, 2017
Please Read First

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

~~~

Prologue
Goldenfeather looked over his flock, his eyes shining with barely disguised malice. “The time has come,” he muttered so only he could hear. “The time has come for me to rule over the Island of Wings and Claws!”

~~~

Thorn Spurs walked up to the War Chief, Bramble. “Has Claw Flock launched anymore attacks?” she asked wearily.

“Yes, and lots of them. Shine, one of my best warriors, was killed.” Bramble replied, sadness and anger evident in his voice.

Thorn Spurs was shocked. “In a border fight?!” she cawed angrily.

“Goldenfeather seems to be gaining power. We need to stop this before it's too late.” Bramble clucked, his eyes alight with rage and sorrow. Shine had been his mate.

Thorn Spurs looked at the War Chief intently. “When was Sunfeather last seen?”

“Sunfeather, the leader of Claw Flock?” Bramble asked, surprised at his leader’s strange question.

“Yes, there is only one chicken named Sunfeather, you know that.” Thorn Spurs said irritably.

“Well… I don’t think any chicken has seen him. But, he is old. I wouldn’t expect him to battle.” Bramble said.

“I knew it!” Thorn Spurs said, almost to herself. She knew Sunfeather, he would never have let his son get this out of control. “Sunfeather is dead!”

~~~

Wing Flock and Claw Flock have lived on the Island of Wings and Claws for longer than any chicken can remember. For a long time, the leaders of the flocks were chosen by battle to see which chicken was the strongest. The strongest chicken then became Flock Leader. The Flock Leader was advised by the War Chief, Top Forager, Elder Herbalist, and the Top Broody. Even so, the Flock Leader was the leader of the flock and had the final say. Sometimes the Flock Leader commanded all the chickens in the flock to war with the other flock. Sometimes the Flock Leader would lead the flock so horribly that the flock would fall into disarray. One day, two brave chickens called Thorn Spurs and Sunfeather became Flock Leaders and changed the flocks forever. Instead of having the strongest chicken be the Flock Leader, they made a system of voting so that all the chickens in their flock could chose who would be the next Flock Leader. For the next eight years, the flocks lived together in peace. Then Sunfeather died. Everyone thinks its the work of a Giant-Fur, but some blame it on Wing Flock. Sunfeather’s son, Goldenfeather, was chosen as the next Flock Leader. Little did the flocks know that Goldenfeather had plans of his own… plans to rule over the Island of Wings and Claws.

~~~
RANKS:

Flock Leader-

The Flock Leader is the leader of the flock and has the final say on everything. They are chosen by the entire flock after the old one dies or retires. The Flock Leader is advised by the Council, which consists of the War Chief, Top Forager, Top Broody, and the Elder Herbalist. They must be one year old or older. The Flock Leader can NOT go broody or train Trainees. The Flock Leader chooses who will be in the Council. There can only be one Flock Leader.

War Chief-
The War Chief organizes chickens for patrols, war, and predator protection. They choose which Warriors will become Trainers and train Trainees. The War Chief is part of the Council. Only a Warrior can become the War Chief. There is only one War Chief, and they must be five years old or older.

Top Forager-
The Top Forager organizes foraging missions and tells the Foragers where to search for food and water. The Top Forager also advises the Flock Leader on where and when to move the flock on to better foraging grounds. They choose which Foragers will become Trainers and train Trainees. The Top Forager is part of the Council. Only a Forager can become the Top Forager. There is only one Top Forager, and they must be five years old or older.

Top Broody-
The Top Broody organizes and commands the Broodies. The Top Broody monitors the amount of eggs the Broodies are sitting on, the amount of chicks they have, if they're doing a good job hatching/raising/sitting, if theres any chicks that need help hatching, if theres any weak chicks, how many of each hens' eggs are under the Broodies, how many are hatching, etc. The Top Broody is part of the Council. Only an experienced Broody can become the Top Broody. There can be up to two Top Broodies. They must be five years old or older.

Elder Herbalist-
The Elder Herbalist is the oldest Herbalist and therefore is the most experienced. The Elder Herbalist has authority over the other Herbalists. They advise the Flock Leader on what to do if a major sickness hits the flock. The Elder Herbalist chooses which Herbalists will become Trainers and train Trainees. There is only one Elder Herbalist, and they are NOT chosen by the Flock Leader.

Warriors-
Warriors patrol, fight in battles, and defend their flock against predators. Warriors must be six months old or older.

Foragers-
Foragers find food, water, and occasionally find herbs for their flock. If a Forager finds something that the flock can eat, they will bring it to the flock if they can. If they can't, they'll get more Foragers to help them or bring some of the chickens from their flock to it. Foragers must be six months old or older.

Herbalists-
Herbalists use herbs to heal injured chickens and cure diseases. Herbalists usually collect herbs themselves, but if they're too busy they can get Foragers to collect herbs for them. Herbalists have to be six months old or older.

Trainees-
Trainees are young chickens that are taught by Trainers. Trainees must be one month old or older. They get their "flock name" at three months old.

Chicks-
Chicks are young chickens that are taught basic survival skills by Broodies. Chicks become Trainees at one to two months old. They are called by their "chick name" until they become three month old Trainees.

Elders-
Elders are chickens who are so old they can't do what their rank demands of them anymore. Elders are cared for by the rest of the flock, and Foragers (or Trainees) bring food to them.

Sub-Ranks-

Trainers-

Trainers are chickens of any rank that are chosen to train Trainees about what to do in their rank. For example: a Warrior that is selected to become a Trainer trains their Trainee how to patrol, fight, and defend their flock against predators.

Broodies-
Broodies are chickens of any rank (except Flock Leader, Trainees, or Chicks) that want to go broody/are broody. Sometimes, Herbalists are not allowed to go broody if they have lots of injured/sick chickens they have to treat.

Chickens can be two ranks if they want, though it might mean that they have to train longer. All chickens except Chicks are allowed to fight in battles and go out foraging. The Flock Leader cannot be two different ranks.

The Flocks

Wing Flock-

Wing Flock is mostly made up of light breeds (like bantam leghorns, sebrights, etc), but not always. The chickens of Wing Flock enjoy foraging, fighting, and roosting in the trees. Their Trainees are often trained to use their wings and flying skills in battle.

Claw Flock-
Claw Flock is mostly made up of heavier breeds (like bantam wyandottes, bantam Rhode Island reds, etc), but not always. The chickens of Claw Flock like to forage, fight, and roost on the ground. Their Trainees are often taught to use their size and power to their advantage.

Naming Information-
Chicks are often not even named until they are 2-3 days old. When chicks get their "chick name", they are usually simple names that describe the chick (like Peck, Fluff, Scratch, Whitewing, Peep, Tinyfeather, etc). Chicks won't get their "flock name" until they turn three months old. When a chicken turns three months old, it is summoned by the Flock Leader. The Flock Leader asks the chicken what its "flock name" will be, and the chicken will tell the Flock Leader and the rest of the flock.

(Please do not give your chicken a human name.)

Predators and Enemies-

Rats-

Rats infest the Island of Wings and Claws. They are extremely annoying and often try to kill chicks and eat eggs. They may even be able to kill a young or unexperienced chicken.

Giant-Furs-
Giant-Furs are ocelot-like creatures that hunt at night. They usually don't attack chickens if they're in a group.

Magpies-
Magpies are birds that eat chicken eggs and sometimes eat chicks. They also steal the chicken's food and herbs.

Wild Fowl-
Wild Fowl are Red Jungle Fowl, but the chickens of the flocks call them Wild Fowl. They are ruthless in battle, and not much else than that is known about them. Never fight a Wild Fowl without backup.

Character Form:

Name:
Flock:
Trainer/Trainee(s):
Personality:
Breed/Description:
Parents:
Siblings:
Mate/Crush:
Chicks:
History:
Other:
Username:

ALL CHICKENS MUST BE BANTAMS!!!

Reserved Characters: Thorn Spurs- leader of Wing Flock (unless you really want to play her and are an experienced RPer), Goldenfeather- leader of Claw Flock (unless you really want to play him and are an experienced RPer), Eldest Herbalist of Claw Flock

I WORKED HARD TO MAKE THIS! PLEASE DO NOT COPY IT!!!

Character Page: https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...a-wild-chicken-roleplay-character-page.73138/

Last edited:
dude this plot is awesome O_O

(@vachick15 i think we have pineXchoc in plenty of places already... plus we is busy with AHAM, and school is soon.... it's up to you if you wanna make chocolate. But i dont think now is a good time)

Name: Storm
breed: pure black rosecomb.
description:
Rosecomb-Bantam-James-Amber-and-Charlotte-Bett_0531.jpg

family: none
mate/crush: open
flock: wing
History: none
personality: loyal, courageous
other
username: Flufferes
It looks like it has a wad of bubblegum stuck to the side of his head. :lau

Name: Grayfeather
Flock: Claw Flock
Trainer/Trainee(s): He trained Goldenfeather 4 years ago.
Personality: Wise, gentle, caring, likes telling stories to chicks, is sad that he can't train Trainees anymore
Breed/Description: Bantam silver ameraucana
Parents: Dead
Siblings: Dead
Mate/Crush: None
Chicks: None
History: Grayfeather has seen many things, and lived through many battles with predators and enemy chickens.
Other: He is saddened by what Goldenfeather has become.
Username: RoostersAreAwesome
what an old man XDXD
i heard the oldest chicken is like 20 O_O

Dove smiled at the two chicks showing each other the skills they had learned in their short lives and a bittersweet feeling stole over her. It was good to see Silverfluff opening up and having fun, but Dove understood her nervousness about learning to defend herself. She thought wistfully of the days when chicks didn't have to worry about being attacked by other chickens. Suddenly, she saw Winter and Rose burst into camp. Hmm, Winter is normally pretty easygoing; why is she in such a hurry? Dove moved closer to them, keen to discover what was awry in the woods. She gasped as Rose told Thorn spurs of the Claw warriors in their territory. Not again... She thought.

Winter paused to catch her breath, then looked around for her brother. Was he here, with at least a warning of the oncoming attack, or was he on patrol, with no intimation of the coming attack? She began to panic.

Shoot, yes. I'm sorry I just had a million things going through my brain last night.
I'll just change it when I put it on the character page :p
Shadowfoot let out a danger call. He pecked Fast, and simultaneously tried to shake he/she of his wattles.

Briar ran up to Cold, who was already fighting Cloud.
~
Stone flew down from a tree to Rose who was fighting two opponents, simultaneously.
Fast let go of the bigger rooster's wattles and stood near his sister, Tiny. "Be careful, he's probably fought for way longer than us." He whispered to Tiny. Tiny nodded and circled to the right. Fast circled to the left, then both of them flew at Shadowfoot.

Tension was high in the camp. The herbalists(and helpers) had finished their preparations. Dove paced, Silverfluff following close behind. Winter flew up to sit with Blizzard.
Blizzard glanced at his sister. He made a little more room for her on the branch. "I wonder if we should help them..." He muttered, almost to himself.
(Who can Storm fight?)
(Storm can help Shadowfoot against Tiny and Fast, who are Trainees)

Out of shear frustration and anxiety, River laid an egg.
(I'm sorry, but role-playing is supposed to be a multiplayer game where each player uses their own characters, and it isn't as fun anymore when your own charries are used by different players, so I'd really appreciate it if you let me play River myself :) I`m not trying to sound rude or like a jerk)

Amethyst corrects herself. "Well he only exiled the hen for four days..." (River, your not making Golden Feather cruel enough. Think What Would a Dictator do?)
(i haven`t played him much, no one talks to him cuz he a meanie XD But he has done some pretty evil stuff, and I have some evil plans for him >:})

Back
Top Bottom