He wasn't the one tailgating. That was the cop. He did have to replace the rear tires on his pickup and the bumper, though. How he manage all of that without his parents finding out, I don't know.
I just replied to @bgmathteach and I realised Iā€™ve got the wrong hubby! :lau I may have read them out of order but I said hereā€™s hoping the copper learned a lesson and maybe hubby gained some wisdom from someone elseā€™s experience.

SHRA tax
9EF9144B-C6AD-4F50-9F15-66975DEA1211.jpeg

Made them, but it isn't too hard. Hardest part (well, for me) was to drill perpendicular to cooler wall:lau:idunno

Coleman 2 gallon cooler, plus nippple waterers, plus these adaptors (since the nipples aren't long enough to go through the cooler wall), plus thicker gaskets so they don't leak on curvature of cooler. One of these would negate the need for different gaskets.

I LOVE these waterers for the summer...and as you can see, my girls do to. I had JUST put the waterer down after filling/taking pics, and my girls ran right over & started to drink. They know the water is always cold...and it seems 2 gallons is a good amount (the smaller square coolers hold a little over 1 gal., not enough with m y large flock.) I have 3 cooler waterers...two like this, and one using the britetap. The down side for me with the britetap is only 2 nipples, and pricey. That said, it works well and is definitely easier .....

Was going to save these for Thirsty Thursday...but...oh well, lol:

EDITED to add: They picked it up quickly! Once a couple learn, they all figure it out by watching the others.

View attachment 3182418View attachment 3182419View attachment 3182420
View attachment 3182422
Wait, you need nipple waterers AND adaptors? I have to checkā€¦ I think I just ordered the adaptors you linked before. LOL.

You have an aerial predator, but I can't tell from those pictures what it is, sorry @goldenfingers ! I usually go by size and markings, can't see either here. Your young chickens in particular are at risk in any case, but if it's a large hawk like a red-tail, all of your chickens are in danger, even big ones. Maybe @micstrachan can tell? She sees them high in the sky. Or @BY Bob ?
Nope, or else I would have said so. I know mine are mostly Red Shouldered Hawks, based on their calls. Red Shouldered, Sharp Shinned and Coopers are too hard for me to tell apart visually.

My DH totalled a highway patrol car while he was in high school....for following to closely. He was in a pickup truck without a tailgate and the "highpo" was so close he couldn't see the headlights. (Highpo was pulling him over for speeding which he was). Tapped the breaks, felt contact, then mashed them. Highpo engine went in the passenger seat, electronics went out the rear window.....DH spent the night in jail and in court the next morning asked the judge where his parents were (he was a minor). Highpo failed to mirandize him AND failed to notify the parents of a minor of his arrest. Judge seized the badge in the court room and threw out everything including the speeding ticket which DH admitted he deserved and was willing to pay.View attachment 3182006Tax: sunbathing Cuckoo
Wow quite the tale!!

Glad everyone was ok.

Back
Top Bottom