While we are confessing such things, I too had a run in with a police car in my misspent youth.
I was going 15mph around a very narrow blind bend with cars parked on either side in a 30mph area.
Cop came from the opposite direction doing around 30mph into the blind bend.
We hit head on.
I was driving a very old car (1955 era) that was built like a tank. I had a small chip on my paintwork - easily solved with a touch of vaseline - but it was a classic car and I was a bit upset at the damage. The cop was unable to leave the scene because my tank of a car had crumpled his entire front.
Naturally they tried to throw the book at me.
No seat belts - true, but cars prior to I think 1962 were exempt because there is nowhere to anchor the belts.
No turn signal - untrue, but you have to know that the turn signal is a manual knob that you rotate depending on the direction.
They had a page of points like the above having impounded my car overnight to search for faults.
You don't drive a car of that vintage and not have it in tip top shape so I managed to dismiss each of the supposed faults.
I felt bad for the officer. Poor guy, he wasn't happy seeing me pick the car up from the police pound. On the other hand, just because the speed limit is 30mph doesn't mean it is smart to drive at 30mph when you cannot see ahead of you.
Holy moly 😥 just wow 😲

I am so glad everyone was ok.

And beautiful tax BTW 💖

Wait, you need nipple waterers AND adaptors? I have to check… I think I just ordered the adaptors you linked before. LOL.
Yes. The nipples are what let the water out.
however, they aren't long enough to go through the cooler wall. They are intended for use in relatively thin plastic...generally no thicker than a regular bucket. Someone came up with these adaptors - to use with the nipple drinkers - so they can be used in thicker walled items such as coolers.

All this nipple drinkers talk tax:
Delilah 'sampling 'the tarp on their mobile coop
IMG_1349.JPG

Really girls? I know you like to work together, but isn't it too hot to be scrunched on one box? 2 moms plus 9 3+ week olds is just too much in this heat!
IMG_1288.JPG
IMG_1288.JPG

It’s also interesting the language used around cars. When someone runs over a cyclist or a pedestrian, the media report it as being “a car hit a cyclist” or “a car hit a pedestrian”. Not “a motorist”; they take the human accountability away from the perpetrator and lump it onto the victim. Very subtle victim-blaming, drawing attention to out-groups such as cyclists and pedestrians (they were in the way of the car!)

I’ll get off my high-horse now; my husband was hit by a drunk-driver who just got a slap on the wrist.

High-horse tax:
View attachment 3181914
Oh no! Hopefully he wasnt too injured ☹️

And yes the subtle things society says surrounding drivers is rediculous at times.

I imagine that is a lovely sun trap 😊 looks so cozy there. 💖

Re: vehicles I feel the more expensive the car the more stupid the driver. When I was driving home yesterday I was cut off by no less then 7 vehicles! All of them high end sporty cars, Carrera (? Spelling), Audi, some other small zippy little speed bump I do not recognize, and a couple Mercedes...

What the heck! I drive a honking big truck! What are you doing cutting in front of me and then .... Stopping! You are but a speed bump to my truck with its 21" tires which are bigger then your wee little toy car 😲😲😲😆😆😆

Oh I owe so much tax 🤗🤗🤗🤗
Oh yes, playing ‘chicken’ with big trucks is a fun game in Australia too. :D Apparently, trucks and buses needing a longer stopping distance isn’t actually a thing. :rolleyes:

ID10T tax
E0218357-C342-4160-8A59-4D19B4A0AAA8.jpeg

Oh no! Hopefully he wasnt too injured ☹️

And yes the subtle things society says surrounding drivers is rediculous at times.
Nothing broken, lots of scrapes and bruises though. The driver fled the scene but was being followed by a family member who knew/suspected he was drunk and was following to make sure nothing happened. He stopped and had his kid in the car, who was traumatised by what happened and because the driver wasn’t breathalysed at the time of the collision, the police couldn’t pin drink-driving on him.

Douchebag tax
8BAFAD67-3713-4F06-95EB-B1CC2290AB7A.jpeg

I miss the store turkeys… but the “aggressive” thing was apparently too much for some weekenders. He’s chasing your car because he sees his reflection in your shrink chrome bumpers… go cover your BMW with mud or dust and you won’t have a problem! LolView attachment 3182723
Awesome photo!
I got some, not as good though, driving home.
0F602AA9-CB4D-4646-94E9-02A1AB8F1C23.jpeg BE30785B-9C4F-43D2-B95B-E31BF634D64D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom