Oh my goodness! How could I resist this celebration @BY Bob?View attachment 3182791
Whip - having a conversation with me
View attachment 3182794
Ms. Meatbird being demure
View attachment 3182803
Bad girl Allele being...herself
View attachment 3182804
Pingu hoping you notice her blue tinted feathers
View attachment 3182805
Dr. Tacky making me laugh
View attachment 3182816
Naenae, my sweetie
View attachment 3182817

Mr. Piscia (identifies as Mr.,but lays eggs) trying to hide the lustrous iridescent feathers in a dust bath
That picture of Whip is wonderful! And lovely Pingu.
And great to see you and yours back here again.

Ok I’m going to try this again… I see we are all taking our own approach to the celebration photos, and we all know how great I am at taking direction sometimes so, between this and my internet issues and that most my chicken photos are on my old phone.
My Favorite of Sammy:View attachment 3182780
And a few more for good measure as he’s so darn gorgeous and wonderful.View attachment 3182778
(At least I’m pretty sure this is his baby pic)
With his nephew Dean who he has raised to be alarmist as good a Rooster as he is.View attachment 3182786
And with one feather going rogue in the wind… lol ruining his perfect “majestic” pose (I swear he likes to pose for the camera!)View attachment 3182787
I love his baby pic!!! :love And, yes, they are both handsome boys :)

Oh my goodness! How could I resist this celebration @BY Bob?View attachment 3182791
Whip - having a conversation with me
View attachment 3182794
Ms. Meatbird being demure
View attachment 3182803
Bad girl Allele being...herself
View attachment 3182804
Pingu hoping you notice her blue tinted feathers
View attachment 3182805
Dr. Tacky making me laugh
View attachment 3182816
Naenae, my sweetie
View attachment 3182817

Mr. Piscia (identifies as Mr.,but lays eggs) trying to hide the lustrous iridescent feathers in a dust bath
Lovely photos! You have such a beautiful tribe.:love

So nice to see you again - hope your boys are doing well! Is this the year for the trip to Scandanavia???? I want to live vicariously through you:D

And holy cow! I just spent like 2 hours looking at 10k celebration photos
Another benefit of chickens: they mind-meld you and next thing you know, you have lost hours of your life...:lau The real funny part is they do something to your reasoning, so you aren't even upset at the time suck!!!!

By now I've found backyard chickens, and this thread. At first I was a sporadic poster. I had made a point to read all the posts before I joined which even then at the time was no easy feat. I also was really interested and taking a shine to BY BOB's 2 black hens Patsy and Lilly. They were assumed to possibly be Marans or mixes although we will never know. Shadrach also was a regular poster at the time and he did have Marans. I was looking into purchasing some hatching eggs and Marans were high on my list. Especially after reading and hearing what BY BOB and Shad had to say about them.
I still had these 4 running around
View attachment 3182976
Plus Toothless
View attachment 3182978
Henrietta who was developing into a lovely hen.
View attachment 3182979
And Momma Hen of course.
I find someone sort of close to me who had Marans and offered hatching eggs. I contacted them to make plans to get the eggs when ole reliable went broody again as I did not have a incubator at the time. I kept a watch on their facebook page and what do you know, they had hatched out about 100 chicks and at 2 weeks old they still had 12 left with more due to hatch in another week. So they decided to have a contest and pick 2 winners to each receive 6 of the remaining chicks. I decided to enter, I mean, it is not like I would win as there were over 100 people enter. Low and behold, I was one of the 2 winners. My Marans were on their way.
Toothless is a handsome boy! :love :love It is almost like he is wearing a reverse Tuxedo!!

And Henrietta...she has such 'soft' coloring...hints of this and that color in her. She looks like her feathers were super soft to touch, too!

Any idea where she found a Roo to help her with those eggs? (they had to be fertile to hatch!! Such a range of chicks from her!!!

Last edited:
This is my Hen-Rietta. 6 years old. Last of my original remaining tribe:
She’s with her rooster in this pic. BAE67D1A-23BA-46ED-A87F-80CD0F35880F.jpeg

Nothing broken, lots of scrapes and bruises though. The driver fled the scene but was being followed by a family member who knew/suspected he was drunk and was following to make sure nothing happened. He stopped and had his kid in the car, who was traumatised by what happened and because the driver wasn’t breathalysed at the time of the collision, the police couldn’t pin drink-driving on him.

Douchebag tax
View attachment 3182782
:mad: For what happened. ❤️ Was for the girls. This pic was clearly pre-fencing days, when they could come up and 'knock' on the door!

While I am sure you DON"T miss "the poops on the stoops", I bet you do kinda miss the 'Somebody's knocking, mum let us in'... 'You've hearddd about us, but you never dreamed....we'd be so sweet and so keen! :D:love:love

Do notice, the word is KEEN, not CLEAN :gig:gig

Back
Top Bottom