Lovely egg colors. Ok, I'm putting in a formal complaint. Why are your silkies laying tan or pinkish eggs? Chiquita lays a bright white egg. It is not fair as white is my least favorite egg color. Oh well, I finally got my broody silkie and I'm loving every minute of dealing with "Angry Puff" and her 2 little puffs.
Hahaha angry puff that’s cute! Henny Penny was bat crap crazy angry puff!!!

I thought silkies all laid this colour? I do hear about a blue egg strain! But I haven’t heard of white but I wouldn’t be surprised.

How are this little puffs ? 💕

Nothing is wrong with the name Cricket, but mom and dad both feel that since as she has gotten older, and more spots keep coming Spot should be her name. The Karen issue, I jokingly named her that after those "Karen meme's" because one of the first pictures I took of her she had a angry expression. I still see that sometimes even though the taming is going well. Mom is not a fan of those meme's and thinks I'm wasting a perfectly good opportunity to use Coco or some other chocolate name. I will not budge on the Twiggy name. It is Branch's baby therefore it must be Twig. Granted mom never liked the name Branch either but he was named from "Trolls". His and Chiquita's pure silkie chick has already been named "Hoppy". In honor of the late "Poppy". Me and Rosie were wanting a Branch x Poppy chick to call it Hoppy. Chiquita's other chick is still yet unnamed. Nothing has come to me yet.

A huge part of our naming conflict is me and Rosie name the chicks when they are little. Mom ignores the chicks until they are for sure pullets then she wants to start throwing out names. She thinks why waste perfectly good names when all I hatch out are boys.
You could point out that you did your job and popped out a grand daughter for her 😊

Hmmm, @BY Bob you didn't really flinch regarding the chicken roost on the couch....maybe that was closer in your future than I imagined!

I wish I knew how to alter images, as I would superimpose Phyllis so you could get the full effect. However, you will just have to use your imagination for that part:
IMG_1546.JPG

And, a recent picture of 'crop girl',:love as she is now known. I thank God every day he helped me be successful with her!
IMG_1467.JPG
IMG_1466.JPG

You could point out that you did your job and popped out a grand daughter for her 😊
Yes, yes I did. Thankfully I wanted a girl as well. When I told her she was going to be a grandma, I was informed it had to be a girl, and no matter what I named her she was calling her Rosie. Fine, you get the middle name as I hate nicknames that have NOTHING to do with the child's actual name. I chose Sierra, had every intention of calling her that. I even tried, but you see, Sierra can sometimes turn into Sara when you are tired or stressed and that is my sister's name. Now some years later a certain someone who shall remain nameless informs me every chance she gets that she prefers her middle name and why on earth did I choose Sierra for her first name. Come here you little brat.

Yes, yes I did. Thankfully I wanted a girl as well. When I told her she was going to be a grandma, I was informed it had to be a girl, and no matter what I named her she was calling her Rosie. Fine, you get the middle name as I hate nicknames that have NOTHING to do with the child's actual name. I chose Sierra, had every intention of calling her that. I even tried, but you see, Sierra can sometimes turn into Sara when you are tired or stressed and that is my sister's name. Now some years later a certain someone who shall remain nameless informs me every chance she gets that she prefers her middle name and why on earth did I choose Sierra for her first name. Come here you little brat.
My mum was really mad my sister didn’t name any of the girls her name and is forever calling them Julia-not-Lorraine…. Hahaha

My cousin had her baby and she Skyped my mum and told her that the babys name was Olivia Lorraine ❤️ Hahahaha

I name a chicken after her mum:
Dorothy 💕
image.jpg

Hahaha

My mum was really mad my sister didn’t name any of the girls her name and is forever calling them Julia-not-Lorraine…. Hahaha

My cousin had her baby and she Skyped my mum and told her that the babys name was Olivia Lorraine ❤️ Hahahaha

I name a chicken after her mum:
Dorothy 💕
View attachment 3214683

Hahaha
Well, when I get attitude from Rosie I like to remind her that technically mom named her after a Rabbit we had.

Me and Maddy's mom have a system. The one thing both of us are guilty running out of is coffee. Neither of us can survive without it, especially first thing in the mornings dealing with getting our teenage and pre-teen rugrats off to school. I'll either borrow a scoop off of her, or she will do the same. If it is school mornings and we are out we normally know one of the other will have a pot made so we just come with coffee cup in hand. It is terribly dark days when we are both out at the same time. Those are the days when we figure out who is running out first. We will either hitch a ride to the store or send money to pick up a can and pray we do not murder our children in the meantime. This system works for both of us, and is so routine that at this point neither of us worry anymore about returning the borrowed scoop. We know it is just a matter of time until the other one is out.
Coffee tax please.

Tax Payments

I think everyone has forgotten how the tax system works here. We are far afield of chickens these days and that is OK, provided you pay the tax.

as a reminder....

THE TAX PAYMENT SHOULD BE IN THE POST

Paying in bulk later was never approved. It was only on ad hoc basis for specific instances.

The idea is to remind everyone that this is a chicken thread. The chicken(s) photo should be with the post so you are conscious that you are going off topic.

Thank you for your attention to this vital topic.

Well, when I get attitude from Rosie I like to remind her that technically mom named her after a Rabbit we had.
Hahaha

I have a hen name Rose, so she could be Rosie after a hen!

Tax
Rose (I made a mistake with my other photo which was not Rose but Dorothy)
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom