It's 80f on the coop but there is a breeze and shady areas, so im leaving the girls outside for now.

They have settled lovely together and bringing them in yesterday disturbed princess laying her egg so it dropped out of her during the night while she was on the perch and landed in the run in a very difficult place for me too reach...
20220810_120907.jpg
So I cleaned out the run this morning delaying the cat and dog having their breakfast by an hour and a half.

I still got the dog on his little walk but it was dangerous for a boy his age.

They don’t know, and Ontario fire marshal has decided not to investigate as the destruction was massive and figure they won’t find the cause.

I am lean towards milk cooler problem , refrigerator using propane or maybe build up of methane gas …..

Truly tragic for the family, but this is a very tight farming community so everyone is helping out.

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/barrie/2022/8/8/1_6018070.amp.html

Sorry off topic
Tax - Buttercup has moved to hopefully Marty won’t get pooped on! Better some poop though then the alternative

View attachment 3217770
That's very sad.

I do have to say I have never seen an ad for a toll road before. That was different.

Toll road tax
20220808_201713.jpg

Thunderstorm just started up, i live summer storms, but would be much happier if it contained rain! We have already had a couple of lighting caused fires last week.
I love summer thunderstorms. I have been treated to them almost daily for lest couple of weeks. Mine have been full of rain.

Fire is 90% contained now with rain in the forecast 😊

Gorda got sick from the heat again. She was out free ranging and I opened the kitchen door to check on everyone and she tried to come in the house. I picked her up and moved her to the room with the lone chick. After some cold water and air conditioning she looked much better.
Smart move on her part. She knows where the cool air is.

I am very late to the party... let's just call it "Hawaiian time" 😅 I wanted to congratulate @BY Bob on this thread reaching 10,000 pages & 100,000 posts! What a wonderful feat! In celebration of this milestone, here are some of my favorite photos that I've shared in this thread:

View attachment 3217671
View attachment 3217672
It's been a while since I've last been on here. It was hard coming back after Chickadee disappeared at the end of February. For those that don't know, she was a wild hen that "adopted" me during the pandemic and moved into my backyard for nearly two years. It was really hard on me when she left and I think I'm (sort of, okay not really) coming to terms with it.

I don't even know how many pages & posts I'm behind on 😅 I feel like I have lots of catching up to do! Hope you are all well and I look forward to reading up on everyone's flocks!
I'm so happy to see you back! :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs For your loss of Chickadee!

@Ponypoor now that you have a rooster again let this be a warning to you. I was actively hunting that bats nest. If Squirrel had not ruined it for her, Momma hen may have had a chance to top her previous record of 10 chicks. Never would I have imagined she would resort to laying under the house.
Yet another use for baling twine:old

Some of the morning pics (collected enough for a week)
20220810_081701.jpg
20220810_081247.jpg
Hector is really exploring the area (good. He needs to know all the places to shelter from predators, but I suspect he's also finding possible nest sites...:he
:duc)
20220810_081024.jpg
Ongoing fight, mostly females today

My kitchen window is here =======v
20220810_075218.jpg
When Cheetah is up here, crowing, it's LOUD! I think everyone visited this morning...except Cuckoo who was laying an egg.

Back
Top Bottom