It is a new day at the Chicken Palace.
It is cool, clear and sunny and it will be a perfect day apart from the drought.
My lovely Princesses are reminding me to celebrate life and live in the moment.

Strictly in pecking order (as is protocol in the Chicken Palace, and maybe in palaces everywhere) …..

Diana reminded me it is a great day to forage and good food is what she wakes up for every morning so she can’t hang around chatting when there are bugs to catch!
View attachment 3221367

Maggie reminded me what a glorious shiny mahogany-colored fluffy butt she has and thanked me for the nice clean water in the Chicken Palace but she will stick to the yukky outside water if I don’t mind.
View attachment 3221371

Bernadette reminded me that she is a pretty and impressive showcase for my nursing skills even though I have not been so successful with others. To prove her point she did a little dance and then skipped (no really, she skips) off to join Diana hunting bugs.
View attachment 3221372

And the lovely Lulu reminded me she is a Roadrunner too (same breed) only better because she is a lap chicken (well almost).
View attachment 3221374

Thank you everyone here for your kindness and support. It has been a difficult time and I miss Bella and the Roadrunners terribly.

Starting with Bernadette’s leg it has been about five straight months of chicken nursing and trying to balance quality and quantity of life. I suspect I am not done with that yet.
Maggie will be on antibiotics for five days but at least for now she is happy and energetic and I am determined to enjoy what time I have with her and the others.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ to all of you.
YOU are an inspiration. Enjoy those beauties and take good care of yourself, too. ❤️

So a thing was done this evening. When I showed mom Momma Hens egg stash she dared me to touch them. I was also not allowed to close up her hole, instead she told me the minute Momma went to setting she was getting the 4 newest Butter eggs. Well, she went to setting yesterday afternoon and we swapped out her eggs tonight with the marked Butter eggs. Apparently if I can sneak and set a silkie, she can set Momma with her favorite chickens eggs.
Hahaha

Well it is only fair! 😁

Just checking everyone and noted that Mr Pompeii seems to sleep with his head hanging down - it's am epidemic hahaha, first Fluffy now him!
Screenshot_20220814-041358.jpeg

Here's how I gave them their names.
The brown chicken is Grandma (middle). I gave her this name because ever since she was four, she has just been walking slowly. It could be because of her weight but she weighs 5 lbs and that's about an average weight for a chicken (actual average weight for a chicken is 5.7 lbs). She is currently molting and I will enter the contest that is specifically for molted chickens. She is our oldest chicken at 6 years old.
Next is Tony (left). I originally named him because the definition for Tony means fancy and I was thinking maybe Tony looks fancy. That was just one of the reasons why I named him Tony or maybe I just named him Tony because I like the name and it suits him. He's 5 years old.
Parmesan is in the other photo. Both Parmesan and Mozzarella are Leghorn chickens. They are both named after cheese. People get confused on who is who and how I can tell them apart. Parmesan's comb is not overly covered but sways on the left side and Mozzarella's left side is well covered. Parmesan is more broodier than Mozzarella and will bite, especially when food is involved. Mozzarella keeps it cool and no attempt in biting has ever happened. They are both 2 years old.
Love them!

I love this! Thank you for sharing this photo with me, Alex! If anyone else wants to share photos of their Emotional Support Chickens, I'd LOVE to see them!

Here's photos of my Emotional Support Chickens- Kiko & Gizmo! Do ya'll remember when they were just baby chicks?! They're both a year old now!

These photos were taken when I wasn't feeling well. They never left my side that day ❤️ They sure know how to make me feel loved 🥰

View attachment 3222552
View attachment 3222554
Now there is a comb to be proud of!

I hope it comes soon for you and your ladies. :hugs :hugs
I was chatting to my dear friend on the phone last night, this guy has rescued me on several occasions and I literally owe him my life. While we were speaking I stopped him for a moment and spoke to this neighbour for the first time only to ask if he would move his bins, he did so but left the mess and his batteries. I cleared them away and put my bins back. Hopefully I will not have any reason to speak again as I'm not even collecting his parcels anymore.

My old friend has always made me feel safe even though he's a couple of hundred miles away I still feel his protection. He was pleased that was sorted while he was speaking too me 💓
This was a forced adoption he had no choice. To me we are family 👪

I love this! Thank you for sharing this photo with me, Alex! If anyone else wants to share photos of their Emotional Support Chickens, I'd LOVE to see them!

Here's photos of my Emotional Support Chickens- Kiko & Gizmo! Do ya'll remember when they were just baby chicks?! They're both a year old now!

These photos were taken when I wasn't feeling well. They never left my side that day ❤️ They sure know how to make me feel loved 🥰

View attachment 3222552
View attachment 3222554
:hugs:wee:D
Such sweet ladies. What a great support

A Caturday Moment

In an attempt to cheer myself up last night i decided to take some drastic action and start mixing the Rascals with the big girls. I have numerous videos to share as the new girls came face to face with Aurora, Sydney, and Betty. Sadly you are all going to have to wait to see them as I have a family event today and won't have time to post them.

Here however is a little taste of what is to come as Éowyn decided to sniff Gucci up close. It is amazing the trust shown here.
View attachment 3221394View attachment 3221395

I will be traveling 6 hours in Giana today. That usually makes me very happy. However my father will be the only other person in the car with me as I take him across the state to his oldest sister's birthday party. 🎂

If you do such things please pray for me. I have not spent 6 hours alone with my Dad in my life. I have no idea what we are going to talk about. 😕
I would love to have a catch up soon Bob :hugs 💓

Back
Top Bottom