Would you guys please share your ideas on a liner for under the the straw in the coop please. I've taken out the old one but have to get it re- lined for winter. Cardboard is good but I'd prefer something that isn't going to rot.

I found what I believe would be perfect but not sold in UK :( " Duncan poultry excelsior pads".
I'm not even certain what a coop liner is. I have never used one.

Would you guys please share your ideas on a liner for under the the straw in the coop please. I've taken out the old one but have to get it re- lined for winter. Cardboard is good but I'd prefer something that isn't going to rot.

I found what I believe would be perfect but not sold in UK :( " Duncan poultry excelsior pads".
I am not sure what a coop liner is, but on the coop building forum here you see people who put down offcuts of vinyl flooring and others who use a very thick coat of a rubberized paint usually used to seal a roof. The brand here is Black Jack 57. Apparently lasts for forever and is completely waterproof.
I imagine the coop needs to be kept empty for a few days while it dries.

Twofer Tuesday
A couple of old ladies with their butts to the sun.
Diana and Maggie.
C0132D7F-D5E8-45D3-A319-7012E3BE8043.jpeg

I am not sure what a coop liner is, but on the coop building forum here you see people who put down offcuts of vinyl flooring and others who use a very thick coat of a rubberized paint visually used to seal a roof. The brand here is Black Jack 57. Apparently lasts for forever and is completely waterproof.
I imagine the coop needs to be kept empty for a few days while it dries.
I have never heard of Black Jack 57. As I need to put a new roof on the big coop I need to research this stuff. Thanks!

I have never heard of Black Jack 57. As I need to put a new roof on the big coop I need to research this stuff. Thanks!
I think it is like paintable tar paper.
I have never used it but I made a note of it because so many old hands on the building forum seem to swear by it. Almost a cult following!

Back
Top Bottom